Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Need help sourcing upper parts
#1
Need best balance of quality and price at one or 2 shops, unless they have free shipping.
I need;
Gas block
Gas tube
Upper receiver
Bolt
Mags
Reply
#2
psa, brownells, joeboboutfitters, ect, ect there are tons of choices

just pick one, start looking and see if they have what you need

i think the upper will the the hardest to find right now, they done stay in stock long
Reply
#3
JP for gas block and gas tube, get gas tube installed by JP one less headache

The rest I would shop at PF.
Reply
#4
AA upper
AA bolt ( as long as your chamber is meant for a .136" bolt face)
AA mags
AA gas tube
Brownell's Sadlak low profile gas block

https://www.shopalexanderarms.com/6_5_Gr...Parts.html
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#5
The rest I would shop at PF.[/QUOTE]
This^^^
Reply
#6
I think AA mags have the correct profile for the case tapper. The CPD grendel mags seem to be profiled for the 7.62x39 case tapper.
Reply
#7
Not to hijack a thread, but hopefully add to it, is there a specific point of contact at AA that can assist with part selection, price, and availability? Maybe an email address someone could share. I'm a newb at building and am probably a little high maintenance with my questions. Added to that, I'm in Alaska so the time difference is a challenge to work around. Email would probably be more convenient for them and me, and a specific POC may be useful to other newbs as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kelly
Reply
#8
I'd suggest that you start with an e-mail to one of the general information addresses listed on their website. The reply should come from an individual that you could continue working with.
Reply
#9
Thanks, Drillboss. I tried the general info addresses on the AA website last week, hopefully I'll get a reply soon.
Reply
#10
I've gotten responses from the technical address. That said, I don't get the impression that they are overstaffed.
Reply
#11
I got the follow from Joe Bob Outfitters since they just got stock in:

Anderson Stripped Upper
Spikes Melinite Gas Tube
Joe Bob's adjustable gas block
Forward assist
Ejection port door
Total = $114 to the door

Still looking at Bolts and Mags
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)