Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Alexander Arms barrel nut not going on all the way?
#1
Quick question regarding the Alexander Arms fluted barrel and the AA thread protector I bought for it... It threads on 7/8 of the way and leaves a gap.. Is there supposed to be a crush washer or such that takes up the slack?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8482[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8483[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8484[/ATTACH]
Reply
#2
Thread protector, rather than barrel nut. What happens if you flip it around?
Reply
#3
That is what I mean, thread protector! (I changed it from barrel nut to thread protector just now, thanks!)
Not enough coffee this AM. When I flip it, it will not even start.
Reply
#4
I've never used one before, but it sure looks like it goes on the other way. Could be a burr on the threads. Do you have a tap you could run through it?
Reply
#5
Dpr, I have the same setup as you- the protector goes on either way, shouldn't be a gap..

Check bbl. threads with a magnifying glass. If fine, send the protector back. Call AA talk to Melissa. She'll help you out.
Reply
#6
Okay, I will check it out and perhaps call them..... I was not sure if it was supposed to go on all the way and or go on either way..
Thanks!!
Reply
#7
One thing I do is always clean off the barrel threads and inside the muzzle device threads, just like you should on a lug nut and your studs on your car.

You can lock up a thread job really fast if there are any metallic debris/shavings in there.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#8
New thread protector on its way!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)