Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Thoughts on a couple "in stock" barrels
#21
PF just recently jumped from 8-10 weeks to 10-12 week lead time.

My countdown just started on one today. Hopefully by the first week of March I will be sending lead down range with it.

FYI - for those eyeballing PF rifles or uppers that are made to order, I spoke to Mark at PF and he let me know that with SHOT show coming up, afterwords the lead time jumps up to an additional r 8 weeks due to the increase in orders.
Sticks

Catchy sig line here.
Reply
#22
Geez! Mark told me 6-8 weeks just a few days ago.
Cliff
USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Dues Vult
Reply
#23
A5BLASTER Wrote:Anything that PF puts their name on is worth the wait in my book, it's a custom shop so you got to expect to wait and yes wait sometimes longer then first told.

All that being said if your going to buy a cheaper in stock barrel to hold you over till your higher grade barrel arrives, you should have just used the combined cost of the two barrels to buy a higher grade barrel from a company like Lijia or JP that has it in stock.

AA makes good products as well but I won't spend money with them ever again.

Good point but the only things in stock at both those places is around $600 or more. Just can't do it. Plus I figure I can recoup some cash if I sell the extra barrel later.
Cliff
USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Dues Vult
Reply
#24
Just a heads up J&G sales has the Wolf (WPA) 6.5 Grendel uppers in stock.

http://www.jgsales.com/mobile/-p-94750.html
Reply
#25
cb4017 Wrote:Geez! Mark told me 6-8 weeks just a few days ago.

I'm getting a complete upper. A barrel only may get out the door faster.
Sticks

Catchy sig line here.
Reply
#26
Actually uppers get priority over just barrels. If and when we have to have a choice on priority. Right now the hold up is due to bolts. We are waiting for them to come back from Nitride and Nickel Boron. We have a bunch of barrels done just waiting on bolts so we can ship. I dont know why stuff cycles up and down like this. If I had a unlimited bank account I could just buy up a bunch of stuff and sit on it through cycle ups and down. In November we sold 25 bolts. In December we sold about 75. Jan so far we sold 20. Hard to keep stuff scheduled in stock. Criterion Barrels are around 8 weeks.
"Precision - The Pinnacle of Perfection."
Reply
#27
Thanks for the update. I'll try to be patient. It's not like I have nothing else to shoot around here... Smile
Cliff
USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Dues Vult
Reply
#28
Woo Hoo! A barrel is on the way. While I'm patiently waiting for my PF Criterion barrel I found someone that had Odin Works barrels in stock, so I ordered a 20" barrel with BCG, gas block and gas tube. Just got the email it has been shipped and should be here in a couple days. That should keep me busy for awhile..
Cliff
USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Dues Vult
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)