Posts: 568
Threads: 44
Joined: Jun 2016
Just received my new barrel and compensator from AA for my wife's build. She was so excited and everything looked good. I thought it kind of funny that there was no plastic thread protector on the muzzle threads. Sure enough on closer inspection the threads are boogered up on the end. I gently tried threading on the compensator and sure as shit it won't even catch. I am so disappointed I could throw it in the trash. How can they not even put a cheap plastic cover on it? I don't want to ship it back and wait forever again to have it repaired and returned. Has any one else had this problem. Should I just buy a die and re-thread it myself? I have the worst luck when it comes to this type of stuff. Any advice is appreciated.
Posts: 1,691
Threads: 18
Joined: Feb 2013
Instead of trashing it I will buy it from you. Pm me.
Posts: 1,230
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2016
Run a thread die over it or dress it with a fine thread file
Posts: 25
Threads: 2
Joined: Oct 2015
I can only tell you this..my first grendel was a BHW 18 inch barrel that was about twice the price of of the 16 inch AA and can't stay anywhere close to the accuracy of the AA barrel. Many places should be able to dress the threads for a small fee...keep it. And this stuff happens to all of us, Merry Christmas !
Posts: 893
Threads: 32
Joined: Jan 2015
Why don't you call them in the morning and see what they say?
Who knows, they may have a reasonable solution for you.
Posts: 271
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2015
Redomen Wrote:Just received my new barrel and compensator from AA for my wife's build. She was so excited and everything looked good. I thought it kind of funny that there was no plastic thread protector on the muzzle threads. Sure enough on closer inspection the threads are boogered up on the end. I gently tried threading on the compensator and sure as shit it won't even catch. I am so disappointed I could throw it in the trash. How can they not even put a cheap plastic cover on it? I don't want to ship it back and wait forever again to have it repaired and returned. Has any one else had this problem. Should I just buy a die and re-thread it myself? I have the worst luck when it comes to this type of stuff. Any advice is appreciated.
NM.
Posts: 1,198
Threads: 52
Joined: Jan 2016
Wow, AA qc is usually top notch.. They are also usually very good about backing up their product.
I completely understand your frustration with the barrel, and I highly highly suggest contacting AA and seeing how they might correct the mistake.
You could easily take the barrel to a smith and have the threads cleaned up and trued, however, you shouldn't have to and I understand that. Keep us posted please with how everything turns out.
Posts: 353
Threads: 21
Joined: Aug 2016
They may even send you a shipping label to return your barrel and cross ship a new barrel if they are worth a damn and care about customers. Please tell us how this gets resolve and please give them a chance to make it right.
Queen of Battle
Follow Me
Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS