Posts: 3,340
Threads: 46
Joined: Mar 2011
keystone183 Wrote:Just as an fyi......I am on week 27 waiting on my PF criterion. It is to be nitrided, so that adds a bit of time....but yeah.
KS183:
That is not a good sign. In the past when guys have had to wait that long, it meant the company never made the barrel.
You need to contact them and find out when you will get this barrel.
Good luck.....
LR55
Posts: 125
Threads: 6
Joined: May 2015
Does anyone know IF there will be another Faxon Firearms 6.5 Grendel group buy again(I hope so.)?
Posts: 590
Threads: 43
Joined: Mar 2013
LR1955 Wrote:KS183:
That is not a good sign. In the past when guys have had to wait that long, it meant the company never made the barrel.
You need to contact them and find out when you will get this barrel.
Good luck.....
LR55
LR, the last communication i had with them was by email, and was told it would ship in 6 weeks. Mark's sterling reputation is what is keeping me from being excessively upset at this point. After the 6 weeks, that may change.
Posts: 264
Threads: 8
Joined: Nov 2016
Christopher67 Wrote:Does anyone know IF there will be another Faxon Firearms 6.5 Grendel group buy again(I hope so.)?
There are three of them going right now.
Posts: 125
Threads: 6
Joined: May 2015
85_Ranger4x4 Wrote:There are three of them going right now.
3? Did i miss them, maybe im not looking in the right place lol?
Posts: 1,691
Threads: 18
Joined: Feb 2013
Yes, 3. 12", 18" and 20"
All are in the group buy section of this forum on the main page.
Posts: 125
Threads: 6
Joined: May 2015
rabiddawg Wrote:Yes, 3. 12", 18" and 20"
All are in the group buy section of this forum on the main page.
Thanks!
Posts: 3,340
Threads: 46
Joined: Mar 2011
keystone183 Wrote:LR, the last communication i had with them was by email, and was told it would ship in 6 weeks. Mark's sterling reputation is what is keeping me from being excessively upset at this point. After the 6 weeks, that may change.
KD183:
I don't think Mark makes his barrels from a blank. He probably buys them already made to his specs and chambers them himself.
There aren't many places I would trust to buy a rifle or gear. I do trust Mark.
LR55
Posts: 590
Threads: 43
Joined: Mar 2013
LR,
That is correct as i understand it. I was curious, so i just went and looked......TOMORROW is 6 weeks!! Fingers crossed......
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
Everyone I know that has ordered a barrel from PF, myself included, received it. It just takes time.
I have 2 sitting in my shop right now.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
Posts: 341
Threads: 46
Joined: Jan 2016
Christopher67 Wrote:Thanks!
They are even trying to get the 16" group buy back up and running for another round. Will take some time to get 50 in again....
Posts: 125
Threads: 6
Joined: May 2015
ahillock Wrote:They are even trying to get the 16" group buy back up and running for another round. Will take some time to get 50 in again....
I would prefer the 16", but 18" wouldn't be bad either. Is there a chart that shows the differece between the 16, 18 & 20" barrels out to certain yardages? I'm going to be hunting whitetail & possibly coyotes.
Posts: 34
Threads: 3
Joined: Nov 2016
I believe there is data in the original 16" Group Buy thread. It's a few pages in and BFT was the poster.
Posts: 289
Threads: 14
Joined: Dec 2015
Don't be scared away from the bhw barrel because of the type 1 bolt. As long as you have the right bolt for your barrel and headsoacing what does it matter? Also check out AR performance. He mainly does 6.8 but he has 6.5 G barrels in stock. Melanite 5r barrels that are plenty accurate( moa or less) and very reasonably priced. If money is not an issue Lilja has barrels in stock.They are pricey but they will shoot.
Posts: 125
Threads: 6
Joined: May 2015
Cornbread Wrote:Don't be scared away from the bhw barrel because of the type 1 bolt. As long as you have the right bolt for your barrel and headsoacing what does it matter? Also check out AR performance. He mainly does 6.8 but he has 6.5 G barrels in stock. Melanite 5r barrels that are plenty accurate( moa or less) and very reasonably priced. If money is not an issue Lilja has barrels in stock.They are pricey but they will shoot.
AR performance, do you have a link? I just have a question, IF type 1 or type 2 doesn't matter so long as you're using the correct bolt with the correct barrels, then why bother with a SAAMI spec?
Posts: 125
Threads: 6
Joined: May 2015
Cuppednlocked Wrote:I believe there is data in the original 16" Group Buy thread. It's a few pages in and BFT was the poster.
Post #78? http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...post116959
Posts: 34
Threads: 3
Joined: Nov 2016
There is also some information posted by LRRPF52 from the reloading handbooks on arfcom. It was on the first page of the "variants" sub forum a few days ago.
Posts: 264
Threads: 8
Joined: Nov 2016
12-08-2016, 04:59 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 05:04 PM by 85_Ranger4x4.)
Nice thing about staying with SAAMI is if everyone did it the weird homebrew stuff would die out and make it less daunting for others to get into the caliber.
No idea where but somewhere in my research someone said there is a 50fps difference between a 16" and a 18".
Posts: 893
Threads: 32
Joined: Jan 2015
Christopher67 Wrote:AR performance, do you have a link? I just have a question, IF type 1 or type 2 doesn't matter so long as you're using the correct bolt with the correct barrels, then why bother with a SAAMI spec?
The second post on this thread talks a little about the bolt difference.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ange-rifle
Posts: 168
Threads: 3
Joined: Jan 2014
I have a BHW 24 inch (264LBC), a PF 20 inch (SAAMI except for the Type 1 bolt) and a ARPERF 20 inch (not sure what Chamber) with his sinusoidal bolt and they all shoot sub MOA with factory Hornady.....so go figure. I am hoping to some day get a Faxon 20 inch (SAAMI) from the group buy, if people ever get off the fence.
|