Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Handguard recommendations
#1
I was looking at handgaurd for my Faxon barrels. Considering using the diamond handgaurd for the 18" barrel. On the 16" barrel I was considering the odinworks o2 light or Midwest industries G3 lite. Does anyone have any preferences or recommendations? I wanted the 16" to be as light as I can make it. It will be a hunting/SHTF rifle. All opinions are welcome.
Reply
#2
The ALG EMR series is very light, and they are nicely made, reasonably priced and nice looking in my opinion. I used the 12" V1 on my build and am very pleased with it. The weights listed on their website - http://algdefense.com/rails.html - include the proprietary barrel nut. Installation is very simple and does not require a torque wrench. A special wrench is provided, color coded shims are used to ensure proper torque, with index marks on the wrench indicating which shims to use and when you have achieved the right amount of torque. It's explained in a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmnN_1UBnAA

I've attached a picture of my build to give you an idea of what it the 12" V1 looks like with a 16" barrel, in my case an Alexander Arms barrel. I was also looking to build as light as possible. I bought mine from Aim Surplus, which what I wanted in stock at the time at a pretty good price, but quite a few other vendors have them.
Reply
#3
Very nice. Thank you.
Reply
#4
I've been very very pleased with the Midwest industries gen 2 ss 15" rail. I take my AR on alot of hikes and remote hunts. A reliable and protective handguard are a must.

There are alot to choose from.
Reply
#5
I have a midwest industries and am happy with it. Strictly on looks though i love the fortis night series rails but don't really want the quad rail at the front and rear of it but it looks awesome to me.
Reply
#6
Kilco Wrote:I've been very very pleased with the Midwest industries gen 2 ss 15" rail. I take my AR on alot of hikes and remote hunts. A reliable and protective handguard are a must.

There are alot to choose from.

I am also a big fan of the MI Gen2 SS handrails, I have them on most of my builds... Light, strong, sturdy...
Reply
#7
We make handguards too!
The Director at Faxon Firearms.

Please send us an e-mail anytime! Nathan.S@faxonfirearms.com
Reply
#8
I like my $69 and change Rausch sports key mod just fine. Bonus 6 free rail sections
Reply
#9
Right now the Spikes SAR3 is my hands down favorite!
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#10
I've been going more and more low profile, minimalist with handguards for the past 8 years.

I went from quad rails in early 2000s (KAC and GG&G), to JP free float tube with FSP cut on MLGS, then to JP/VTAC, then Midwest Industries lo-pro Gen II.

Then went BCM KMR.

Now Skid Tactical Gun Tec MLOK for $85.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#11
I don't see any keymod handgaurds only mlok. Did not see any 6.5 BCG on Faxon web site either.
Reply
#12
I'm still on the BCM KMR wagon... Although I do prefer the original 15" magnesium version over the 13.4" Alpha...
Reply
#13
I went with the MI G3 light keymod. ;D
Reply
#14
LRRPF52 Wrote:Now Skid Tactical Gun Tec MLOK for $85.

Is this the handguard you're referring to:

http://www.guntecusa.com/index.php?route...uct_id=706

If not, could you post a link?
Reply
#15
No Sir-I got the G3 light upper in keymod. I went with the 15" handgaurd. It is only about 9.2 ounces. Cost was pretty steep but I really like it so far.
Reply
#16
GO!
Midwest Industries Inc
BY GUN
AR 15 PRODUCTS
LOWER AR PARTS & RECEIVERS
AR COMPLETE UPPERS
AR UPPER PARTS
BARREL
TACTICAL HANDGUARDS
RECEIVER EXTENSION PARTS
FURNITURE
FRONT & REAR SIGHT PACKAGES
FRONT SIGHTS
REAR SIGHTS
SLING ADAPTERS
308 AR PRODUCTS
AK 47/74 PRODUCTS
KEL-TEC PRODUCTS
TAVOR PRODUCTS
SCAR PRODUCTS
RUGER PRECISION PRODUCTS
BROWNING M2 / M3 PRODUCTS
AR180 PRODUCTS
HK416/MR556 PRODUCTS
REMINGTON 700 PRODUCTS
SIG 556 PRODUCTS
BENELLI PRODUCTS
STEYR AUG PRODUCTS
SHOTGUN ACCESSORIES
SVD PRODUCTS
M14 PRODUCTS
MARLIN PRODUCTS
CZ 805 PRODUCTS
ACCESSORIES
FIREARMS
SALE ITEMS
EMERGENCY PREP
MI REPLACEMENT PARTS
GIFT CERTIFICATES
Toggle navigation
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com
0
Home > By Gun > AR 15 Products > Tactical Handguards > One Piece Free Float >
MI-LWK12G3
MI GEN3 LIGHTWEIGHT LWK-SERIES ONE PIECE FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD, KEYMOD COMPATIBLE








Alternative Views:




Our Price: $209.95


Product Code: MI-LWK12G3





Add Additional KeyMod Rail:
Color:
Add Gas Block SPECIAL: MI #MCTAR-LPG .750 LP Gas Block [Add $30.00]
Qty:
Add to cart Add To Wish List



Description



♦ Professional grade, one piece free float design and construction

♦ Incredibly lightweight design:

12.625 Inch Rifle Length weighs only 8.0 ozs. with barrel nut

15.0 Inch Rifle Length weighs only 9.2 ozs. with barrel nut

♦ Super slim 1.5 inch outside diameter

♦ One five slot KeyMod compatible aluminum rail section included

♦ Four sides of KeyMod compatible slots, five anti-rotation QD sling swivel sockets

♦ High quality MIL-STD 1913 top rail

♦ Constructed from 6061 aluminum, hard coat anodized for a lifetime of service

♦ Patented Torque Plate System US Patent Number 9,453,69

♦ Fully dehorned for a non-abrasive, comfortable feel

♦ Simple installation, proprietary barrel nut and barrel nut wrench included

♦ 100% Made in America - Keeps America Working

♦ Midwest Industries Lifetime Warranty



IMPORTANT COMPATIBILTY NOTES!

Due to the many different dimensions in BILLET UPPER RECEIVERS on the market, please contact your billet upper receiver manufacture to insure fit of this handguard. This handguard is compatible with forged upper receivers as well as the Midwest Industries billet upper receiver.

NOT FOR USE ON GAS PISTON AR's!



RELATED ITEMS
MI-G3M15
MI G3 M-SERIES ONE PIECE FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD, M-LOK™ COMPATIBLE MI-G3M17XR
17.5 EXTENDED RAIL ONE PIECE FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD, M-LOK™ COMPATIBLE MI-SSM10G3
MI G3 SSM-SERIES ONE PIECE FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD, M-LOK™ COMPATIBLE MI-G3ML15
MI G3 LIGHTWEIGHT ML-SERIES ONE PIECE FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD, M-LOK™ COMPATIBLE
Our Price: $189.95
Our Price: $229.95
Our Price: $159.95
Our Price: $199.95


MI-LWK15G3
MI GEN3 LIGHTWEIGHT LWK-SERIES ONE PIECE FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD, KEYMOD COMPATIBLE MI-SSM12G3
MI G3 SSM-SERIES ONE PIECE FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD, M-LOK™ COMPATIBLE MI-LWM12G3
MI LIGHTWEIGHT ONE PIECE FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD, M-LOK™ COMPATIBLE MI-T7G3
MI GEN3 T-SERIES ONE PIECE FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD
Our Price: $229.95
Our Price: $179.95
Our Price: $189.95
Our Price: $149.95

Share your knowledge of this product. Be the first to write a review »
COMPANY
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Product Index
Category List
Contact Us
CUSTOMERS
FAQ/Help
Shipping & Deliveries
Returns & Exchanges
ACCOUNT
My Account
Login / Register
Order Status
CONNECT
Facebook
Instagram
MAILING LIST SIGN-UP


Copyright © 2016 http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com. All Rights Reserved. Built by GAT Marketing.
Reply
#17
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/

I hope this link works-I am cuputer illiterrate.
Reply
#18
Drillboss Wrote:Is this the handguard you're referring to:

http://www.guntecusa.com/index.php?route...uct_id=706

If not, could you post a link?

Yes. Midsouth has them for even less, way less. You can get Cerakote too.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/d...handguards
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#19
I did not see the Midwest industries handgaurd in the link you posted. The G3 light is similar but does not have the monolithic top rail. I paid $225 at my usual gun shop with tax. I could have got it cheaper online but I like to support my local businesses.
Reply
#20
LRRPF52 Wrote:Yes. Midsouth has them for even less, way less. You can get Cerakote too.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/d...handguards

Thanks. I didn't get mine quite that cheap, but I found a decent price at AIM Surplus. They actually had some upper receivers in stock as well.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)