Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Prof's Grendel build
#1
Had issues with the gas system early on, but hope they are now fixed.
She's ready to go to the range - again. My first complete build of an AR, and took the opportunity to do it in 264 LBC.

Early Saturn 18" barrel, reamed to 6.5 Grendel II chamber
I think the Muzzle Brake is an Anderson
Black Rain adjustable Gas Block
Anderson upper and lower
M16 bolt carrier
Bushmaster lower parts, Rock River 2 stage trigger
Hogue free float and grip
Exos Defense Ti7 stock
Aero Precision mount
Vortex Viper 3.5-10x50

I posted early on in the new guy intro thread, and this is the completed product. Thanks to all who gave their two cents, as it helped greatly.

Prof
Reply
#2
Looking forward to seeing how she shoots with your favorite ammo!
shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle
Reply
#3
Nice, post some info when you get it out.
Reply
#4
Very nice.
12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
Surge - Rugged Suppressor
Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
Reply
#5
Qucik queistion if I may.

You stated two diffrent chambers for your barrel, im a lil confused as witch one it is your running.

My understanding is .264lbc is diffrent from the grendel II chamber.

I do like the looks of you rig Sir, and I bet she will shoot as well.
Reply
#6
A5BLASTER Wrote:Qucik queistion if I may.

You stated two diffrent chambers for your barrel, im a lil confused as witch one it is your running.

My understanding is .264lbc is diffrent from the grendel II chamber.

I do like the looks of you rig Sir, and I bet she will shoot as well.

Thank you.
My studies into the barrel and bolt I bought revealed the 264 Les Baer Custom is the same as the 6.5 Grendel, the difference being a slight dimensional difference in the chamber.
The chamber "neck" is .295" in the Les Baer, and that dimension reamed to .300" makes it a Grendel II chamber. Satern did the re-chambering for me.
Thanks for the nice comments. Exactly the rifle I wanted.
Prof
Reply
#7
Ok understand you know, that is the same chamber my current rifle has, if your ever in the market for anouther satern grendel II barrel I will have one for sale not to long from now.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)