Posts: 538
Threads: 186
Joined: Aug 2015
Folk,
Took my first build out 9-19-15. 18 inch BHW barrel .264LBC, Syrac adjustable gas system mid length gas system. Aero Precision upper and 12 inch rail, trigger is CMC 3.5 lb single stage.
The ammo I used were some test loads I put together. PPU virgin brass, 123gr AMAX, over varying charges of CFE223. Started at 29.5gr then 29.8, 30.1, 30.4. Most accurate load was 30.4gr, .59 at 100 yards. I love this round. Made up another 100 rounds, 50 AMAX at 30.4 gr, and varying hunting loads using 120gr GMX, and 100gr TTSX using CFE223. Will have report tomorrow. A2
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
Thanks for the report, I'm curious how the Barnes 100 grain TTSX do with CFE223, I've only used H-335 with that bullet.
Posts: 452
Threads: 27
Joined: Dec 2014
Look forward to the report. I am still looking for a link to the SAA site that showed a BHW Grendel barrel .264LBC w free upper for $159 IIRC. The link would show it, but it wouldn't show when I did a search on the site for "Grendel" while on the site at the time. very strange.
Posts: 122
Threads: 5
Joined: Feb 2015
customcutter Wrote:Look forward to the report. I am still looking for a link to the SAA site that showed a BHW Grendel barrel .264LBC w free upper for $159 IIRC. The link would show it, but it wouldn't show when I did a search on the site for "Grendel" while on the site at the time. very strange.
It must have been a sale. They have one but it's $208. You're probably not going to do much better than that.
Posts: 482
Threads: 40
Joined: May 2015
din Wrote:It must have been a sale. They have one but it's $208. You're probably not going to do much better than that.
I bought that same barrel for $260 earlier this year. Totally worth it, it shoots factory hornady Ammo 1MOA or better and shoots sub MOA all day with hand loads. My pet load of TAC and a 120 SMK regularly shoots 1/2 MOA.
Posts: 1,040
Threads: 60
Joined: Jul 2014
Saa?
12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
Surge - Rugged Suppressor
Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.
Aim small, miss small!
Posts: 452
Threads: 27
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,040
Threads: 60
Joined: Jul 2014
customcutter Wrote:Surplus Arms and Ammo
Thanks brother!
12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
Surge - Rugged Suppressor
Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.
Aim small, miss small!
Posts: 32
Threads: 2
Joined: Sep 2014
SAA sells 264 LBC barrels regardless what they say on their website. They don't sell Grendel barrels from BHW nor have they ever had one. They are even laserd 264 LBC Type I.
Greg