Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dirty Magpul PRS stock and grip
#1
i have a FDE MAGPUL PRS stock and grip that are filthy! Normal grease, oil and dirt from shooting.
Probably needs more than soap and water....

What can I use that is abrasive enough but won't do any harm??
Reply
#2
Simple green or dish soap and warm water should work
Reply
#3
I use a scuff enhancer when prepping cars for blending paint. Its a paste with a fine abrasive. Or you could just buy some comet, ajax etc.
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply
#4
Maybe Krud Kuter. Really gets grease off, this is the standard spray bottle.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Krud-Kutter-3.../203396788

This other stuff might be stronger - http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b...9&t=377210
Reply
#5
Dawn cuts grease, simple green is wonderful!
12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
Surge - Rugged Suppressor
Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
Reply
#6
A cycle in the dishwasher (when the wife is out).
Reply
#7
Klem Wrote:A cycle in the dishwasher (when the wife is out).

Why don't I put the whole lower in there all together.....
Reply
#8
If you are being facetious = Exactly, hey, put the whole gun in...

If you are being serious = Your plastic stock will benefit from the dishwasher whereas the rest of the lower won't. I have cleaned PVC parts in mine, admittedly not a stock but I reckon if you dry it quickly and re-lube the metal parts to prevent corrosion it'll save you some elbow grease.
Reply
#9
I use CLP......smells like crap afterward, but does a good job
Reply
#10
Hot water with dawn and a scotch brite pad will do it.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)