Posts: 669
Threads: 94
Joined: Jul 2013
i have a FDE MAGPUL PRS stock and grip that are filthy! Normal grease, oil and dirt from shooting.
Probably needs more than soap and water....
What can I use that is abrasive enough but won't do any harm??
Posts: 41
Threads: 1
Joined: Mar 2015
Simple green or dish soap and warm water should work
Posts: 1,691
Threads: 18
Joined: Feb 2013
I use a scuff enhancer when prepping cars for blending paint. Its a paste with a fine abrasive. Or you could just buy some comet, ajax etc.
Posts: 24
Threads: 0
Joined: Sep 2014
Maybe Krud Kuter. Really gets grease off, this is the standard spray bottle.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Krud-Kutter-3.../203396788
This other stuff might be stronger -
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b...9&t=377210
Posts: 1,040
Threads: 60
Joined: Jul 2014
Dawn cuts grease, simple green is wonderful!
12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
Surge - Rugged Suppressor
Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.
Aim small, miss small!
Posts: 3,654
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2013
A cycle in the dishwasher (when the wife is out).
Posts: 669
Threads: 94
Joined: Jul 2013
Klem Wrote:A cycle in the dishwasher (when the wife is out).
Why don't I put the whole lower in there all together.....
Posts: 3,654
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2013
If you are being facetious = Exactly, hey, put the whole gun in...
If you are being serious = Your plastic stock will benefit from the dishwasher whereas the rest of the lower won't. I have cleaned PVC parts in mine, admittedly not a stock but I reckon if you dry it quickly and re-lube the metal parts to prevent corrosion it'll save you some elbow grease.
Posts: 345
Threads: 22
Joined: Mar 2012
I use CLP......smells like crap afterward, but does a good job
Posts: 241
Threads: 3
Joined: Sep 2014
Hot water with dawn and a scotch brite pad will do it.