Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BHW barrel
#1
Seen on arf that BHW will offer saami spec'd chamber for there Grendel barrels. Looks to be only 18",20" right now. I think this is great news...maybe GLShooter can elaborate?
12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
Surge - Rugged Suppressor
Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
Reply
#2
From the horses mouth.....

http://blackholeweaponry.proboards.com/t...chambering

Damn it. Now i have to buy something else......Was thinking about buying one from PF...but the premium was pretty stiff....
Reply
#3
keystone183 Wrote:From the horses mouth.....

http://blackholeweaponry.proboards.com/t...chambering

Damn it. Now i have to buy something else......Was thinking about buying one from PF...but the premium was pretty stiff....

Am I missing something? BHW is selling it without a bolt for $260, and claim around $70 for a bolt... PF is selling his for $325 with a bolt...
Reply
#4
My PF chambered barrel is a shooter and they have great customer service, it would be a simple decision for me
Reply
#5
badmoon692008 Wrote:Am I missing something? BHW is selling it without a bolt for $260, and claim around $70 for a bolt... PF is selling his for $325 with a bolt...

PF = $380 with bolt and threaded barrel. $300 minus the bolt.
BHW = $260 no bolt, w/threads. And that is before the 20% off.....
Reply
#6
tackdriver Wrote:My PF chambered barrel is a shooter and they have great customer service, it would be a simple decision for me

Part of me thinks these barrels are chambered by PF, on the CNC. PFs barrel would run me 420.00 BHW would be less. We all know how these barrels shoot and is PFs barrel worth more? To some yes and some no. I'll get a BHW barrel if it's been reamed by a Manson reamer. Since a PF&T reamer will probably be a Saturn chamber.
12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
Surge - Rugged Suppressor
Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!
Reply
#7
keystone183 Wrote:PF = $380 with bolt and threaded barrel. $300 minus the bolt.
BHW = $260 no bolt, w/threads. And that is before the 20% off.....

Didn't know that BHW included threading... I didn't consider that since I'm a fan of a target crown...
Reply
#8
I'll be sticking with PF.
Reply
#9
Black Hole just put the Grendel barrels up on their site. They have added bolts as a package.

Greg
Reply
#10
Whats PF? Sorry for the question.
Reply
#11
Precision Firearms. http://www.precisionfirearms.com/ Mark, the owner, is a member here. From everything I've heard, he does excellent work. I'm hoping to put my build together with his help in the next couple months.
Reply
#12
Mark builds mighty fine rifles / uppers. Do a search for Precision Firearms on this site and you'll see quite a few examples of his work. I am the proud owner of an 18" upper that can shoot way better than I ever will.
Reply
#13
They tell me I'm in the hunt.. LOL Apparently they are dedicating all their 6.5 barrels to this one right now. Not selling blanks anymore.

Greg
Reply
#14
Are you or are you not affiliated w/BHW?
Reply
#15
My BHW barrel (.264 LBC chamber) shoots better than 1/2 MOA at 100 in the short time I've been testing and shooting it. Given that, I'll buy another when I build another rifle.
Phil
Reply
#16
tackdriver Wrote:Are you or are you not affiliated w/BHW?

Greg is one of BHW's pro staff members. I don't believe he's in the direct employment of BHW, but rather a "consultant/technical rep" for them.
Reply
#17
As NugginFutz said I am a Pro Staff for BHW. I do not work for them.

I am pretty much an unpaid R&D consultant. I have done development work on the 6.8 variants from 20 to 6.5. I also have been part of the development team for the very successful American 30. It allows me to be on the ground floor of an exciting industry. Enough so that I have been pushing to build true Grendels for the past three years.

Greg
Reply
#18
pdq5oh Wrote:My BHW barrel (.264 LBC chamber) shoots better than 1/2 MOA at 100 in the short time I've been testing and shooting it. Given that, I'll buy another when I build another rifle.

This is my experience too, I will be buying more
Reply
#19
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6729[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6730[/ATTACH]i put 20 rounds through a brand new upper i just put together with a 20" BHW standard weight type 1 barrel with an LMT bolt. Results with factory amax loads were as follows:

group 1 - 1.23" rounds .6 mil high and .6 mil left of POA. Dialed on .6 mil
group 2 - .980" rounds .6 mil left of POA. Dialed .6M right windage
group 3 - <.5" poi=poa pics attached - thats a .45acp round for reference.
group 4 - ,.5" poi=poa

i'd be hard pressed to do better. i am more or less blow away by the barrels at this price point.
Reply
#20
I want one in 24". Big Grin
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)