Posts: 61
Threads: 7
Joined: Feb 2015
Went to a gun show today in Louisville. When I go to these shows I usually have a mental "laundry list" of things to look for. Today it was CFE223 powder, 123r A-Max bullets or loaded rounds, 6.5 brass, and possibly the Vortex scope I've been wanting for 6 months (at some ridiculous low price of course). It must be this nasty hot humid weather we're having this weekend because the show was not even crowded as they usually are. I actually found 3 booths with Grendel loaded ammo, the powder (had both 1 and 5 pounders), some AA brass, and the Vortex I've been wanting. He shot me a deal I've not been offered before. Viper PST 6-24 x 50 FFP EBR-2C Mrad out the door for $800. I even found a 24" barreled 6.5 Grendel rifle for sale and another booth had 6.5 dies.. These Grendel things I think are starting to catch on a little.
Came home about $950 poorer than what I was but happy.
Posts: 990
Threads: 14
Joined: Sep 2014
It doesn't happen often these days you go to a show and find everything you're looking for. Fewer people on the floor probably helped u get a good deal. Hopefully I'll have that same luck in a few weeks.
Richard
Posts: 1,040
Threads: 60
Joined: Jul 2014
Nice gotta love walking away happy from the gun show
12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
Surge - Rugged Suppressor
Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.
Aim small, miss small!
Posts: 452
Threads: 27
Joined: Dec 2014
I've yet to find anything in 6.5 Grendel at the local Gun shows. Uppers, barrels, or ammo. I keep asking though. Everyone wants to sell me 6.8 grrrrr.
Posts: 45
Threads: 4
Joined: Feb 2015
Sounds like a good show. Wish I would've went. Cool to know theres someone else in KY with a 6.5G.
Posts: 61
Threads: 7
Joined: Feb 2015
Actually I'm in Indiana but real close. I am REALLY fired up now about finally shooting this thing. I ordered a Larue mount yesterday when I got home so it should be ready to hit the range by next weekend. I screwed up Saturday because I bought a flash hider but forgot a crush washer to index it. Going to hit a local gun shop to pick one up this week.