Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Type l and Type ll bolt?
#21
That kind of gauge exists, but I don't have experience with them. I believe Alexander Arms sells what you're looking for.
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#22
BluntForceTrauma Wrote:That kind of gauge exists, but I don't have experience with them. I believe Alexander Arms sells what you're looking for.

Awesome, thank you!
Reply
#23
My go to for reloading : The Slotted Gauge from Sheridan Engineering. It lets you visually see the cartridge in a chamber for figuring out what is wrong. Solved my 7.62x39 conversion issues. Also solved cast bullet issues I had, with a 100 gr cast rn that has to be set to a lower OAL, to keep from jamming the rifling while loading. All is visible in the gauge.

http://www.sheridanengineering.com/index-2.htm





BluntForceTrauma Wrote:That kind of gauge exists, but I don't have experience with them. I believe Alexander Arms sells what you're looking for.
Reply
#24
oldbarnowl Wrote:My go to for reloading : The Slotted Gauge from Sheridan Engineering. It lets you visually see the cartridge in a chamber for figuring out what is wrong. Solved my 7.62x39 conversion issues. Also solved cast bullet issues I had, with a 100 gr cast rn that has to be set to a lower OAL, to keep from jamming the rifling while loading. All is visible in the gauge.

http://www.sheridanengineering.com/index-2.htm


aah that’s the item i was looking for, someone said Dillon also had something like this? Do you know IF that’s true? Supposedly its better for some reason, i forget why this person said its better, i've been reading waaaay to much between Grendel info & my AR .308 build LOL.Big Grin


Hey you're from Maine also, i just noticed that lol. Do you know IF our local Cabelas sells Grendel re-loading supplies? Whats a good starter kit, Im a newbie lol.
Reply
#25
Cabelas has hornady ammo, and 6.5 mm bullets, including Hornady 123gr amax, and some powders are coming back. That is still intermittent finding a correct powder. I picked up Hodgdon CFE, Benchmark, and H4198. I have not seen Grendel brass, They show Hornady Grendel dies in stock.

you can buy a lee kit for 140 that has everything to start except dies. Start out with a single stage for simplicity. You can buy lots more stuff later...




Hey you're from Maine also, i just noticed that lol. Do you know IF our local Cabelas sells Grendel re-loading supplies? Whats a good starter kit, Im a newbie lol.[/QUOTE]
Reply
#26
oldbarnowl Wrote:Cabelas has hornady ammo, and 6.5 mm bullets, including Hornady 123gr amax, and some powders are coming back. That is still intermittent finding a correct powder. I picked up Hodgdon CFE, Benchmark, and H4198. I have not seen Grendel brass, They show Hornady Grendel dies in stock.

you can buy a lee kit for 140 that has everything to start except dies. Start out with a single stage for simplicity. You can buy lots more stuff later...




Hey you're from Maine also, i just noticed that lol. Do you know IF our local Cabelas sells Grendel re-loading supplies? Whats a good starter kit, Im a newbie lol.


Awesome thanks! I'll look into the Lee kit & dies & 6.5 bullets this coming weekend.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)