Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Time for Trigger Purchase
#21
2 stage seems to be preferred.
Reply
#22
Keep The Change Wrote:Are most of you using 2 stage or 1 for your lonng distance guns.?

2 Stage
My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle
Reply
#23
Keep The Change Wrote:Are most of you using 2 stage or 1 for your lonng distance guns.?

Yes
Reply
#24
I've got a SD-C installed for my sbr build. For my spr build I'm looking at either a SD-E, CMC, or Elftman
Reply
#25
Thanks guys for all the input. I'm going to go by DSG Arms, they say they have a lot of trigs to dry fire. So I should be able to try some Geisselles, CMC, Timneys. I won't decide till I at least try these few out.
-Jody
Reply
#26
Timney 3lb solid in the Grendel. Great trigger for me don't know what's better but it works for me. Good luck
Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle........... Big Grin
Reply
#27
I prefer a single stage. Currently shooting a Velocity 3# drop in.
Reply
#28
My current build has the Geissele SSA-E, and another has the Geissele B-GS2-E. The feel of the SSA-E is unbelievable! But if you don't care about a 1 lb increase, the B-GS2-E will give you a similar feel, for about 50$ less. Regardless what you choose within the Geissele line of products - you won't go wrong with any of them. I haven't tried the Velocity, Timney, etc., as I got hooked on the Geissele's after the first one.
Reply
#29
+1 on Velocity. Very good quality and price
apd_855 Wrote:Might give Velocity triggers a look. I have 2 and really like them.


http://velocitytriggers.com/index.php
Reply
#30
Alright, I'm really thinking hard about getting an Elftmann straight bow. I've read lots of reviews and watched demos/reviews on line and looks pretty sweet and seems to have a lot of things going for it.

I got it in my head that I didn't want a 2 stage so that threw AR Gold out of the mix. The hiperfire 24c was attractive but I don't really think I need the increased hammer force since I won't be shooting nato or berdan primed cartridges out of my target gun.

am4966 is trying to get 5 people for a group discount order for Elftmann so I think I'm going to give it a try.
Reply
#31
A lower cost option I have on one of my lowers is the Rock River 2 stage Varmint or Match triggers. You can get them for $80 shipped from a few online vendors.

Not as nice as my SSAE but for the price its miles ahead of the standard lpk ignition system and you could buy 2 or 3 for the price of other trigger systems
Reply
#32
I have three of the Hiperfire 24E's. All set at a little over 2 pounds. Will never buy anything else.
Reply
#33
Thanks for the info fellas. I have decided to order a Elftmann. It was between the Hiperfire and Elftmann. It should be here in a couple weeks. I have notion to try things that are different and have a ground up design philosophy. Hopefully this thing works out and is a good trigger.

You guys provided a wealth of info and experiences and made this difficult to decide. What I learned is that I don't think I could've gone wrong with any of the suggestions made.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)