Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I missed you guys, now answer my questions! LOL!
#1
I must apologize for not being around much this past year. I should at least check in every now and then to see what the cool kids are buying.Big Grin

Unfortunately I still have not finished my first Grendel. BTW the website looks awesome.
But now I'm getting the urge to get back to it. I've been busy working OT, taking care of my baby girl and 5 yr old girl, rebuilding a drill press or two, and trying to rebuild an old lathe. Now that all kinds of stuff are tore apart and scattered around the shop, I thought it would be a great time to make another mess with a gun build.

Current Set up:
-Seekins Forged Lower in Cerakote ICON Gray
-Brux Barrel 24" with Extended Rifle Length Port
-Nordic Components XL handguard
-I'm shelving my Vltor Upper Receiver in Patriot Brown and have just ordered a Gibbz Upper with the slick side charger.
-Getting an A2 extension from a friend



Needs:
- I need to decide on trigger
- Magpul PRS unless somebody has a suggested alternative
- Flash hider
- recoil system

I'm open to suggestions on everything, BTW.

I wanted to see if you guys thought if the JP Captured Spring setup would be OK in the A2 Tube and with an ERL gas system? Since the come with a spacer for A2's I don't thing that's an issue.

Also, should I opt for a JP LMOS carrier (if this will work with a Gibbz side charger upper), since I will have the ERL gas system? I will be initially shooting factory loads for awhile so I'm curious if cycling will be an issue for the ERL gas system.

Thanks guys for the help and info,
Jody
Reply
#2
I'm still building my first Grendel as well but for what its worth I have two suggestions for you. For the stock look into Luth AR mba. Both lighter and much cheaper than the PRS with solid reviews. I chose this and when its build I will post pics and my opinion on all components I chose. Second for the side charge upper look into American spirit arms. similar to the Gibbs which I planned to use until I found the ASA. The ASA looks to be more sturdy and also comes with a dust cover which I personally wanted.

Just my .02! Like I said from what you wrote it sounds like we looked into the same ideas as far as concepts so I thought I would share what I found and liked!
Reply
#3
Welcome back and looking forward to seeing what you build!
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#4
Sounds like a solid build. I just put a Hiperfire 3G trigger in a SBR and really love it. Adjustable spring weights for pull weight. Very crisp and works great. I also used the JP SCS with the tungsten weight, I love it on the 12" Grendel I just put together. Good luck with your build!
Reply
#5
[quote=medicsniper]I'm still building my first Grendel as well but for what its worth I have two suggestions for you. For the stock look into Luth AR mba. Both lighter and much cheaper than the PRS with solid reviews. I chose this and when its build I will post pics and my opinion on all components I chose. Second for the side charge upper look into American spirit arms. similar to the Gibbs which I planned to use until I found the ASA. The ASA looks to be more sturdy and also comes with a dust cover which I personally wanted.QUOTE]

Medic, I'll take a look at that stock. Sounds like a good deal.
As far as the Gibbz, I chose it because you can use a standard bolt carrier. I agree the dust cover would be nice, but it will be a range gun for me and I won't be toting it on a hunting trip. But you got me thinking I could make a delron insert or something if in fact I do feel I need it protected. Thanks for the inputs and advice.
Reply
#6
BluntForceTrauma Wrote:Welcome back and looking forward to seeing what you build!
Thanks man, I see that not only has the website changed looks but so has your call sign.
Reply
#7
lead chucker Wrote:Sounds like a solid build. I just put a Hiperfire 3G trigger in a SBR and really love it. Adjustable spring weights for pull weight. Very crisp and works great. I also used the JP SCS with the tungsten weight, I love it on the 12" Grendel I just put together. Good luck with your build!

I'll have to look into that trigger, I haven't heard of it. It's so hard to decide on a top trigger for long range shooting because you have to spend $200-300 on a trigger before you can figure out if you like it. Thanks man for the info.
Reply
#8
Yea not having a proprietary carrier is nice but for what its worth if you send the carrier to ASA they will mill the necessary notch for cheap. I don't know much but I've gotten some great help on this site so I'll offer any thing I can to help pay it forward! Keep us posted on your build!
Reply
#9
Keep The Change Wrote:Needs:
- I need to decide on trigger

I have the American Trigger AR Gold on two of my ARs and I really love them. http://www.americantrigger.com/index.php...&Itemid=58
My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle
Reply
#10
Thanks SS,
AR Gold is on my list for sure. I thought they made a single stage though. I was mistaken. I have a NM RRA 2 stage on an AR and the 1st stage seems distracting. Granted the quality is a world apart.

But ive not tried a quality precision AR trigger. I wish could try them all. LOL
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)