Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Opinions on PF Order
#1
After talking to Mark at PF yesterday, I will likely order the Neptune Type II 16" upper.

Options include the Bartlein Barrel, Cerakote Barrel Stainless, and Fluted Barrel. Upper will weight around 3 lbs 11 oz.

I will add an Omega Can and NV. It will be used mostly for hog hunting with most shots under 200 yards.

10 -12 weeks for delivery seems like forever so I may just pay extra for their accelerated 3 - 4 week delivery.

Really liked the AA Hunter Rifle but just don't want to deal with an adapter from 9/16 - 24 to the can 5/8 - 24.

Rifle will be used by my 26 year old daughter who currently shoots a .270.

Is this a good choice and/or any comments?

Thanks!
Reply
#2
I'd personally go with the fluted nitrided barrel. Otherwise great selection.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#3
I do not see Nitride as an option but will ask about it. Seems to at least double or triple the barrel life based on rounds fired. Thanks for the input cory!
Reply
#4
Why the hell should you have to pay extra to get it sooner that is a load of s**t order the AA upper and take it to a competent smith
Reply
#5
wraith1516 Wrote:Why the hell should you have to pay extra to get it sooner? That is a load of crap. You should order the AA upper and take it to a competent smith.

That's capitalism at its finest!

You don't have to pay anything! PF has a waiting list for their rifles. If you want a custom rifle in ~3 weeks you can pay a premium. If you're not in a hurry or short on funds or a few weeks isn't worth the premium then it'll take ~ 6 to 9 weeks. It's not uncommon for custom shops to be on much longer wait lists than that. (my time frame may be off, contact PF for actual time frame quotes)

(I also turned your statement into a coherent group of sentences.)
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#6
Being a bit of a grammar nazi myself, I find that more than a little bit humorous.
Reply
#7
Drillboss Wrote:Being a bit of a grammar nazi myself, I find that more than a little bit humorous.

And you know what happened to the nazis
Reply
#8
I've been extremely pleased with the Precision Firearms 6.5 grendel upper I have. Knowing the quality that comes out of Mark's shop, I'd wait. If I was impatient and had the cash flow, I'd pay to move to the head of the line.
Reply
#9
wraith1516 Wrote:And you know what happened to the nazis

Valid point. I'm not sure it ever has actually done me any good.
Reply
#10
DrifterAT Wrote:After talking to Mark at PF yesterday, I will likely order the Neptune Type II 16" upper.

Options include the Bartlein Barrel, Cerakote Barrel Stainless, and Fluted Barrel. Upper will weight around 3 lbs 11 oz.

I will add an Omega Can and NV. It will be used mostly for hog hunting with most shots under 200 yards.

10 -12 weeks for delivery seems like forever so I may just pay extra for their accelerated 3 - 4 week delivery.

Really liked the AA Hunter Rifle but just don't want to deal with an adapter from 9/16 - 24 to the can 5/8 - 24.

Rifle will be used by my 26 year old daughter who currently shoots a .270.

Is this a good choice and/or any comments?

Thanks!

Just a FYI Silencerco makes a MB in the 9/16x24 for the omega...since it uses the ASR style
Reply
#11
AM4966 - I was at the Silencer Shop (I live about 5 miles away) last week asking about a 9/16 x 24 for the Omega and they assured me they didn't have one or any plans to add one to their line up. I'll follow up next week with them again though.

I was at Underground Tactical Tuesday and they had a light contour 18" barrel I liked so I decided to build an upper with it. After reviewing their products at the store, I decided to order a rifle instead. Rifle will be ready next week Smile. Just amazing!

However, with Mark's Birthday 10% discount running through tomorrow, and no tax, that upper I like is getting better and better even if I have to wait 3 months for it.

Decisions, decisions!
Reply
#12
Well maybe I Have the wrong MB, anyways AA need to change the thread pitch on the barrels. But I'm sure there is a reason bill uses it.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)