Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel Article I put together
#1
I sincerely hope I did the horde justice in sharing my experience on why the Grendel is my go-to hunting rifle. Check out my article at... http://ar15hunter.com/the-6-5-grendel-ar...predators/
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#2
Well done. Great article.
http://www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device
Reply
#3
Good read. It is my go to gun also!
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Reply
#4
Nicely done, but you forgot that Precision Firearms also manufactures ammunition!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#5
My apologies to Precision Firearms for the omission.

They actually have a nice selection. This I did not know.
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#6
Very nice article.
Reply
#7
bwaites Wrote:Nicely done, but you forgot that Precision Firearms also manufactures ammunition!

You beat me to it. My thoughts exactly.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#8
Double Naught Spy Wrote:My apologies to Precision Firearms for the omission.

They actually have a nice selection. This I did not know.

They do! And your article is a great service to the caliber! Everytime I come on the forum I learn something, and I appreciate the good work and great members here!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#9
That is an excellent discussion of the Grendel and its abilities.

Thanks for getting it a wider audience!
Reply
#10
The Grendel is the Rodney Dangerfield of AR-15 calibers, "gets no respect". We know different. Good read, thanks for sharing, maybe it'll open some eyes.
Reply
#11
Great very accurate article. As more people are introduced to the Grendel, and more people are aware of its attributes, what is there not to like? We have the inexpensive steel case ammo available now, so plinking is affordable. This has got to be the most versatile caliber there is. Recoil is a non issue. Accurate 1,000yrd shots? Yes sir. Thanks for the great article. I will be sharing it.
Reply
#12
Great article. Should be sent to all the major rifle manufacturers.
It might wake them up!
Reply
#13
OP, Thanks for your article and spreading the word!!

65Whelen Wrote:The Grendel is the Rodney Dangerfield of AR-15 calibers, "gets no respect". We know different. Good read, thanks for sharing, maybe it'll open some eyes.

Well put. I have only had my grendel a month or two and each time someone asks about it and I say 6.5grendel I get that look and inevitable question.. "WHY? why not 6.8spc, 458socom, add you favorite fanboy cartridge?"

I found this nice comparison article 6.8spc vs 6.5G
http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.co..._vs_6.html
Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
Anderson Pistol lower:
16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS
Reply
#14
Thanks, y'all for the nice comments. Nice comparison article lamright. I think the numbers would be a bit closer with comparable weight bullets, but the Grendel still be terrific.

We all have favorite cartridges for various applications and there are a lot of good ones out there, but the Grendel is really a caliber in a sweet-spot, ballistically. A lot of folks don't understand that.
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#15
great article, 00Spy. glad to see your videos out there, too. DRT Butterball. CSMF
Reply
#16
Good read, DNS, thanks!
Reply
#17
Excellent article, thanks for sharing!
Reply
#18
Think of all the people out there who don't visit forums, who have stumbled onto the 6.5 Grendel as well. I run into them at ranges and formal shooting events all the time, and they all really like the performance of the cartridge for both target shooting and hunting.

A lot of Mauser-action based hunting rifles are gathering dust because of the new wave of high performance intermediate cartridges in the AR15, and the 6.5 Grendel is the one to beat out of them all.

Great article. I would note that Precision Firearms has 20 different factory loads for the 6.5 Grendel now. I'll update with a 2015 Factory Ammo List.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#19
"Stumbled onto" is about right for me, LOL.
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Reply
#20
The cartridge sells itself without marketing hype or fans on the internet. The performance speaks for itself, and when experienced first-hand, the end-user walks away knowing that there is way more horsepower to be had than what .223 Rem could ever even approach, especially when you start to compare 6.5 Grendel more to a .308 when looking at retained energy, but recoil and handling more in-line with what we're used to from the AR15. Best of both worlds.

I find the most striking thing from your article and experience to be that you see no perceived difference in terminal performance on hogs when compared to the .308 Winchester, and this was important to you because of the shoulder injury.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)