Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Reintroducing myself
#1
I was a member here a while back, but my account got purged a few months back. Figured I'd reintroduce myself

Here's my first Grendel:

[Image: grendel2.jpg]

Shilen Match 20" barrel and matched bolt
Les Baer match bolt carrier
Geissele HiSpeed DMR trigger
BAD-CASS safety
Magpul PRS
Bushnell ET 6-24x50 in ADM 20moa mount
Samson Evo

While shooting very nicely, it was a heavy pig. So, commence rebuilding:

[Image: grendel4.jpg]

Had the barrel reprofiled, threaded, and installed a Surefire brake
Swapped the Samson(it kept sliding forward, not happy with it at all) for a Centurion CMR
Swapped the Magpul PRS(heavy pig) for an ACS-L
installed an 8.5oz buffer from HeavyBuffers(barrel is overgassed, getting early unlocking and beating up brass)
Not pictured: swapped the Bushnell ET for a Vortex PST 6-24x50 EBR-2

After I got it all put together, this is the first group at 200 yards after getting it on paper at 50 yards:

[Image: grendel200.jpg]

The load is 123gr SSTs in front of 28gr of 8208 with CCI41 primers and Hornady brass

However, I'm still not happy. The 8.5oz buffer is ridiculously heavy, and while the rifle functions better now, it's not ideal. The buffer will be swapped for a JP silent captured spring, and the upper/rail will be swapped for an Aero M4E1 upper and 12" rail, with an adjustable as block of some sort. Also gonna cerakote the barrel black.

Coming soon: 11.5" Grendel SBR....
Reply
#2
Welcome back!



CastorTroy Wrote:Coming soon: 11.5" Grendel SBR....


[Image: excellent-jkbpr5.jpg]
Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....
Reply
#3
Niiiiiiiice stick Bro.
Lifetime: NRA, GOA, 2AF
Reply
#4
Now, THAT is an introduction! Happy Resurrection!
Reply
#5
If you like the cmr you can get a bolt carrier from rubber city armory that has a adjustable key omit for gas. Or Gem Tech has one out or is being released very soon.
Reply
#6
That group at 200 is outstanding! I like both your builds and the diet you put your Grendel on certainly didn't hurt the accuracy, nice. Welcome back to the Horde.
Reply
#7
Welcome back. I "lost" my account too.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply
#8
I like the CMR, and am going to use it on another 556 build. Biggest reason I am going to change it is that there is almost no clearance between the CMR and the gas block, even when using the Centurion gas block. The CMR will go on pinned 14.5" .625" gas block barrel
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)