Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Good News from Faxon Firearms!
#1
I heard a rumor that Faxon Firearms will be producing 6.5 Grendel barrels. So l called Faxon to see if the rumors are true and they are.

Faxon will be producing 6.5 Grendel barrels using a SAAMI spec reamer (I forgot to ask who's reamer) but was assured it was SAAMI spec. They will also be producing the ARAK 21 in 6.5 Grendel.

I asked if they would use the proper Grendel bolt and the answer was yes, for AR barrels. For the ARAK 21 they will be using their 7.62x39 bolt, which looks a lot like the "ARP" super bolt.

I'm glad to see more industry support for the 6.5 Grendel cartridge, I'm even happier to say that they are going to produce 6.5 Grendel before they produce the 6.8 SPC. Not that I have anything against the 6.8 it's just nice to see the 6.5 gaining support.
Reply
#2
[SIZE="3"]Well, that's news!

It's been reported that the upcoming Faxon Firearms ARAK-31 (.308 Winchester-length action) will be available in 6.5mm Creedmoor (http://www.all4shooters.com/en/specials/...rak31-xrs/), (http://www.facebook.com/FaxonFirearms/po...7105669392). And, that the newly redesigned ARAK-21 will sport left- and right-side ejection windows --- as does the new ARAK-31. All of which makes perfect sense, considering Faxon Firearms' plan to unveil a Bullpup lower receiver for its uppers, at some point in the future. Perhaps, something similar to this artist's sketch ---

[Image: 30utjj9.jpg]
[/SIZE]
Reply
#3
Very cool. Good scoop, Bwild! I've been watching Faxon with interest since their first YouTube demo.
Reply
#4
Excellent news! I'm glad to hear it!Smile
Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....
Reply
#5
Variable Wrote:Excellent news! I'm glad to hear it!Smile

[SIZE="3"]I agree!

With Faxon Firearms in the running, we now have a three-horse race to the actual release of an other-than-AR-15 auto-loading 6.5mm Grendel rifle:

K&M Arms M17S 6.5mm Grendel (http://kmarms.com) (Move cursor to "PRODUCTS"), first announced well over a year ago;

Kel-Tec RDB 6.5mm Grendel (http://www.all4shooters.com/en/specials/...rdb-rifle/), announced at SHOT Show 2014.
[/SIZE]
Reply
#6
SHORT-N-SASSY Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Well, that's news!

It's been reported that the upcoming Faxon Firearms ARAK-31 (.308 Winchester-length action) will be available in 6.5mm Creedmoor (http://www.all4shooters.com/en/specials/...rak31-xrs/), (http://www.facebook.com/FaxonFirearms/po...7105669392). And, that the newly redesigned ARAK-21 will sport left- and right-side ejection windows --- as does the new ARAK-31. All of which makes perfect sense, considering Faxon Firearms' plan to unveil a Bullpup lower receiver for its uppers, at some point in the future. Perhaps, something similar to this artist's sketch ---

[Image: 30utjj9.jpg]
[/SIZE]

"Artist sketch". Looks more like a FOSSCAD Hanuman 3D printable lower receiver render to me. Just saying.
Reply
#7
Interesting, indeed!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#8
Evaris Wrote:"Artist sketch". Looks more like a FOSSCAD Hanuman 3D printable lower receiver render to me. Just saying.

[SIZE="3"]In fact: An extrapolation (found on the Internet) of the image aired on the Faxon Firearms Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/FaxonFirearms/po...46775735.0).

And, from a Bullpup Forum Member, "I contacted Faxon and asked about their plans, and they admitted that they do have plans for a Bullpup lower." --- which configuration, meshes with their forward-thinking 180-degree-rotating ARAK-21/-31 Bolt design (http://www.facebook.com/FaxonFirearms#!/...=1&theater).

Lastly, as Bwild97 pointed out, above, it's good to see more industry support for the 6.5mm Grendel, and for moving on from 20th Century's old favorites.
[/SIZE]
Reply
#9
Where is the recoil spring/tube going to go on that bullpup? That is a thinker.
Reply
#10
KentuckyBuddha Wrote:Where is the recoil spring/tube going to go on that bullpup? That is a thinker.

[SIZE="3"]KB,

The Faxon Firearms ARAK-21 (.223/5.56x45mm NATO-length) and ARAK-31 (.308/7.62x51mm NATO-length) are gas-piston designs, requiring no buffer spring/tube extensions. These designs auto-load, within the confines of the Upper Receiver-Barrel Assembly ---

[Image: 14lndah.jpg]

[Image: 120l5ab.jpg]

Accordingly, either represents a good candidate for incorporating within a short, compact Bullpup rifle.

Picture this winning combo: A compact, highly-efficient Bullpup rifle configuration, chambered for the short, highly-efficient 6.5mm Grendel cartridge!

NOTE: I found the accompanying photo to the Faxon Firearms Facebook Page, dated October 15, 2014 (Link given in my Reply #8, above), somewhat confusing. I therefore elected to use a similar image of a Bullpup Lower, sans an upper, found on the Internet (See my Reply #2, above).

[/SIZE]
Reply
#11
Of course! That makes sense. Thanks for the post!
Reply
#12
SHORT-N-SASSY Wrote:[SIZE="3"] . . . And, that the newly redesigned ARAK-21 will sport left- and right-side ejection windows --- as does the new ARAK-31. All of which makes perfect sense, considering Faxon Firearms' plan to unveil a Bullpup lower receiver for its uppers, at some point in the future. . . .
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]And, given that we're well into the 21st Century, and in that the design incorporates left- and right-side ejection, I had hoped (read: expected) to see some variation on the theme of instant ambi-ejection, in the interests of left- /right-handed user-friendly and tactical-smart:

(http://youtu.be/YK4CcvW3I3M) (See 0:35 - 1:05);

(http://youtu.be/SLxMbsnx0c4) (See 0:30 - 1:15).

Instead, some disassembly of the weapon is required (http://www.ar15news.com/2015/02/24/new-f...dow-upper/).
[/SIZE]
Reply
#13
Bwild97 Wrote:I heard a rumor that Faxon Firearms will be producing 6.5 Grendel barrels. So l called Faxon to see if the rumors are true and they are.

Faxon will be producing 6.5 Grendel barrels using a SAAMI spec reamer (I forgot to ask who's reamer) but was assured it was SAAMI spec. They will also be producing the ARAK 21 in 6.5 Grendel.

I asked if they would use the proper Grendel bolt and the answer was yes, for AR barrels. For the ARAK 21 they will be using their 7.62x39 bolt, which looks a lot like the "ARP" super bolt.

I'm glad to see more industry support for the 6.5 Grendel cartridge, I'm even happier to say that they are going to produce 6.5 Grendel before they produce the 6.8 SPC. Not that I have anything against the 6.8 it's just nice to see the 6.5 gaining support.

[SIZE="3"]To update:

I researched this newsy item, today, and came up with the following:

"Currently, 5.56, 300 BLK, and 7.62x39 are available and shipping. The next caliber will be 6.5 Grendel. . . ." --- (http://www.faxonfirearms.com/t/faqs) (Approx. halfway down the Page);

(http://www.guns.com/2015/02/24/faxons-go...ous-araks/) --- Compare the Faxon Firearms ARAK-21 5.56mm Bolt with their 7.62x39mm Bolt (left), which will be used with the upcoming 6.5mm Grendel chambering ---

[Image: 4jqeqq.jpg]

It's obvious Faxon Firearms has done their homework. And, though their ARAK-21 barrel assembly is not free-floating, there's a potential for sub-MOA accuracy ---

[Image: 2qjh9ic.jpg]

And, from a Bullpup Enthusiast's perspective, picture a 6.5mm Grendel ARAK-21, with a 20" barrel, mounted to a lightweight Bullpup lower, with an overall rifle length, under 30" !
[/SIZE]
Reply
#14
Nice find guys!!!! I love bullpup rifles.
Reply
#15
SHORT-N-SASSY Wrote:[SIZE="3"]. . .
And, from a Bullpup Enthusiast's perspective, picture a 6.5mm Grendel ARAK-21, with a 20" barrel, mounted to a lightweight Bullpup lower with an overall rifle length under 30"!
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Replete with a high-tech electronically-actuated fire-control setup, for maximum accuracy potential (http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=...8#msg77648).[/SIZE]
Reply
#16
On the topic of Bullpup AR's; https://twitter.com/fosscad/status/584563006559903745 https://twitter.com/freedomprint3D/statu...0702436353
Reply
#17
SHORT-N-SASSY Wrote:[SIZE="3"]To update:

I researched this newsy item, today, and came up with the following:

"Currently, 5.56, 300 BLK, and 7.62x39 are available and shipping. The next caliber will be 6.5 Grendel. . . ." --- (http://www.faxonfirearms.com/t/faqs) (Approx. halfway down the Page);

(http://www.guns.com/2015/02/24/faxons-go...ous-araks/) --- Compare the Faxon Firearms ARAK-21 5.56mm Bolt with their 7.62x39mm Bolt (left), which will be used with the upcoming 6.5mm Grendel chambering ---

[Image: 4jqeqq.jpg]
[/SIZE]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[SIZE="3"]
To Faxon Firearms: It's been more than two years (03-01-2015), since I submitted the above Post. I need an ARAK-21 pistol, with the 12.5" barrel, chambered for the 6.5mm Grendel cartridge, using the beefy 7.62x39mm Bolt ---
[Image: ARAK-21.jpg]

Thank you.
[/SIZE]
Reply
#18
And here I was all excited they finally released their barrels... the wait continues.
Reply
#19
soon, per the email i got earlier this year




Thank you for taking the time to contact us! Look for them some time second quarter this year.

Thanks,
Mark
Customer Service
Reply
#20
Where's the drool emoticon..?
Very nice guys. I think the keltec just got bumped off for this.
Thanks.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)