Posts: 97
Threads: 1
Joined: Jun 2018
Sticks - I did both the HACT triggers in the two Minis that I've re-barreled, and thought I'd cut the same amount off the actuator springs. However, the 1st one (on the 6RAT) weighs 1.25lbs, while the 2nd one (on the 20 Tactical) goes 1.75, at least according to my old el cheapo RCBS spring trigger pull scale. An assortment of custom springs would possibly be an advantage, but as you said, if you go a bit too far to suit yourself in trimming the spring, you can add tension with the adjustment screw. I could've taken the 2nd trigger apart again and trimmed a bit more off the spring in an attempt to get it to match the excellent 1.25lb of the 1st trigger, but in truth, I'm a bit lazy (and was more than a bit short on time at the time), so decided 1.75lbs was enough of an improvement to be 'good enough'. Now that we've finished our corn harvest, I might just get into that 2nd one and clip another bit of spring off to see how that works.
Posts: 104
Threads: 5
Joined: Nov 2018
Hokey : I just got my bottom in the mail and it looks great. I haven't had a chance to install it yet but will tomorrow. Thanks a bunch , Drew
Posts: 279
Threads: 9
Joined: Sep 2018
drewsbow Wrote:Hokey : I just got my bottom in the mail and it looks great. I haven't had a chance to install it yet but will tomorrow. Thanks a bunch , Drew
Great, please post a pic if you can, I like to see other peoples builds.
Posts: 103
Threads: 6
Joined: Jan 2018
flatland1 Wrote:... An assortment of custom springs would possibly be an advantage, but as you said, if you go a bit too far to suit yourself in trimming the spring, you can add tension with the adjustment screw.
https://www.gunbloke.com/ecommerce/index...y&path=1_8
He's also has an eBay front last time I checked and from where I actually ordered. 1.5 lb seems like a good sweet spot but 1 lb would also be good if you like it light as possible
Posts: 104
Threads: 5
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
drewsbow Wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]13262[/ATTACH]my
I added the bottom metal from Hokey and brake
Howa Mini with new surefire brake installed and the group after
What height rings or those and did you bed the action into that pro varmint?
What's the total weight of the rifle as in the pic?
Posts: 279
Threads: 9
Joined: Sep 2018
I don't think that group is tight enough, go back and try again. (sarcasm)
Posts: 1,230
Threads: 6
Joined: Jun 2016
A5BLASTER Wrote:A bolt action with ar15 mags, gag choke vomit gag gag choke vomit.
I know everyone's taste are different but I'm sorry why limit a bolt action too ar15 mag coal limits? The whole reason for a bolt grendel is too get a stronger action and a mag that allows more room for handloads.
I honestly think this is the reason the ruger grendel doesn't get much press or reviews, because it uses ar15 mags.
Just my personal thoughts and feelings about bolt rifles and ar15 mags.
I'm so ready for the new howa mag too come out.
You do know they make 4 round and up magazines for the AR platform. I have a number of AR Grendels and 2 Howas, it would be convenient to have only one magazine type.
Posts: 279
Threads: 9
Joined: Sep 2018
I definitely understand the one magazine advantage, especially for shooting factory ammo.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Texas Wrote:You do know they make 4 round and up magazines for the AR platform. I have a number of AR Grendels and 2 Howas, it would be convenient to have only one magazine type.
Yes sir I do know that. But yet you will never fit a round loaded for a bolt action into a ar15 mag.
I windowed my ar mags to allow a longer handload and it is still short of where I can load a round to for the howa.
That's my whole point. It's jyst my personal prefrence, nobody has too agree with me on it others are free to want what they want. I just think a ar15 mag in a bolt action rifle is well dumb.
Posts: 104
Threads: 5
Joined: Nov 2018
A5Blaster : The rings are medium Burris Zee rings and Burris 4.5-14 x 42 scope
I did not bed the pro varmint and the weight is 8.8 as pictured
Hokey : I guess I could go back and work a little harder on my loads and trigger control :-)
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
drewsbow Wrote:A5Blaster : The rings are medium Burris Zee rings and Burris 4.5-14 x 42 scope
I did not bed the pro varmint and the weight is 8.8 as pictured
Hokey : I guess I could go back and work a little harder on my loads and trigger control :-)
Top shelf bro, that's the same rings I just ordered and your scope is not much different in size from mine, so I should be good too go.
Oh and yea you need more work on that group sir lol. Looks good really.
Posts: 104
Threads: 5
Joined: Nov 2018
Thanks , love this little gun and good luck on your build should turn out great. Drew
Posts: 47
Threads: 4
Joined: Oct 2018
HokeyPokeyKid Wrote:I've gotten a lot of requests for a blind or flush floorplate, I guess I should move it up the project list.
Any progress here?
Posts: 279
Threads: 9
Joined: Sep 2018
A little forward and a little back, the biggest problem is being able to load from the top.
There are no feed lips milled into the receiver so they have to be in the magazine box and getting the rounds to push straight down is kind of a pain in the a$$. I can load it by opening the bottom and dropping them in then closing the door but its cumbersome and I don't like it.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
HokeyPokeyKid Wrote:A little forward and a little back, the biggest problem is being able to load from the top.
There are no feed lips milled into the receiver so they have to be in the magazine box and getting the rounds to push straight down is kind of a pain in the a$$. I can load it by opening the bottom and dropping them in then closing the door but its cumbersome and I don't like it.
Yea but atleast your trying to figure this out. Seems nobody else is wanting to try.
You get it figured out in down for one.
Posts: 990
Threads: 14
Joined: Sep 2014
Hokey
I thought about the lack of feed lips being a problem and thought that a setup similar to a browning A-bolt with box mag attached to floor plate may be the best route. Not ideal but they feed reliably and don’t stick out. Just a thought
Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
ricsmall Wrote:Hokey
I thought about the lack of feed lips being a problem and thought that a setup similar to a browning A-bolt with box mag attached to floor plate may be the best route. Not ideal but they feed reliably and don’t stick out. Just a thought
Very smooth thinking sir.
Hokey you got this bro. Take my money now lol.
Posts: 279
Threads: 9
Joined: Sep 2018
I'm not familiar with the A-bolt, does the box swing down with floorplate?
Posts: 990
Threads: 14
Joined: Sep 2014
That’s correct hokey.
Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack