Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
No More Satern or Liberty 6.5G or 50B Barrels
#41
Satern still has barrels on hand. Just ordered a 24 inch with target crown. My first Grendel purchase.
Reply
#42
A friend and I just ordered one Satern and one Liberty barrel for 6.5 stalking rifles. Range info to follow after the builds are complete. Per another members post you have to call contiuously to get through. Apparently everyone is in the shop and they are too busy to answer.
Reply
#43
bwaites Wrote:In reality, there was no licensing fee. The manufacturing agreements were not about money; but about quality, availability, and liability issues.

Just curious (I've seen some other forums and the "hit" posts some make there and I pay them no heed), are you saying that some of the former recent suppliers of barrels were not meeting quality and availabilty?...or was there some other contractual limitation that the parties wanted out of?

I don't really want to know dirty details, but if there was a quality issue it would be nice to know.

I'm really happy with my Grendel Entry from AA...I've taken 5 whitetails over the last two seasons. Friends who have been to the range and shot really like it and are impressed with the accuracy. So I'm building a light weight hunting version. Beowulf may be next.
Reply
#44
BjornF16 Wrote:Just curious (I've seen some other forums and the "hit" posts some make there and I pay them no heed), are you saying that some of the former recent suppliers of barrels were not meeting quality and availabilty?...or was there some other contractual limitation that the parties wanted out of?

I don't really want to know dirty details, but if there was a quality issue it would be nice to know.

I'm really happy with my Grendel Entry from AA...I've taken 5 whitetails over the last two seasons. Friends who have been to the range and shot really like it and are impressed with the accuracy. So I'm building a light weight hunting version. Beowulf may be next.

Please don't read into it more than there is. I am not implying there were quality issues at the heart of the recent changes. My point was that the reason for the contracts in the first place was NOT licensing fees, but simply quality control, availability/distribution, and liability.

I've never heard a single ACTUAL Grendel licensee complain about the costs of licensing.
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#45
Sorry...I must have mis-interpreted. I understand the desire to control the specification, adherence to the specification and reputation.
Reply
#46
BjornF16 Wrote:Sorry...I must have mis-interpreted. I understand the desire to control the specification, adherence to the specification and reputation.

No problem, my initial post wasn't exactly crystal clear!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)