Posts: 2,412
Threads: 31
Joined: Mar 2011
08-22-2015, 11:40 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2015, 11:49 PM by Variable.)
NugginFutz Wrote:Just what does a wet t-shirt contest in Fallujah look like?
Careful what you ask for....
I could have posted way better (and more accurate), but it's a family board.LOL!!!!
Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....
Posts: 12
Threads: 2
Joined: Jun 2015
What started out as just building an upper became a complete rifle project. I put the build together with the following componants:
Upper: VLTOR
Shilen 20 H-Bar Contour, 1-9 twist SS
Complete Bolt Assy: Shilen (matched to barrel)
Gas Block: JP adj Low Profile SS
Gas Tube: AP
Bolt Carrier Group:
Bolt carrier WMD Nickel Boron coated
Cam Pin: Failzero Nickel Boron coated
Firing pin: WMD Nickel Boron coated
Charging Handle: BCM Medium
Handguard: 15 AP KeyMod w/barrel nut
Lower: AP Blemished Gen 2
Trigger guard: AP Billet
PSA Receiver Extension
PSA MOE LPK w/o Fire Control Group
Magpul PRS Precision-Adjustable Stock
Geissele Hi-Speed National Match Trigger
Match Model (set to 2.25 lbs pull)
RRA Scout mount (I used it overseas)
Harris Bipod BM model (I also used it overseas)
The scope is a Leupold 6x18 Varmint (for load development)
As soon as I figure out how to post pics I will include some. During the most recent testing, out of 30 3 shot groups using the same bullet, case and primer, the over average for best to worst was .752" and using the two powders that shot the best, average group size for 21 3 shot groups was .521" at 100 yds. The three smallest groups were .216", .270" and .290" @ 100 yards.
Sight Alignment
Sight Picture
Squeeze...Bullseye!!
USMCSgt85
2111/8531
Posts: 12
Threads: 2
Joined: Jun 2015
Sight Alignment
Sight Picture
Squeeze...Bullseye!!
USMCSgt85
2111/8531
Posts: 316
Threads: 10
Joined: Jul 2014
Nice looking rifle. Looks like the rifle and the operator are shooters!
Posts: 12
Threads: 2
Joined: Jun 2015
jim_bob Wrote:Nice looking rifle. Looks like the rifle and the operator are shooters!
Thanks for the compliments, the .216" group is the best I have ever shot with a gas gun so far.
Sight Alignment
Sight Picture
Squeeze...Bullseye!!
USMCSgt85
2111/8531