Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Searched, But Didn't Find-Ed X (Sabre Defence) 14.5" Uppers $450.00-NO BCG
#21
Sojorboy Wrote:They're now listed for $1099.00

This kind of opportunistic highway robbery just does not sit right with me.

And the $1099 price makes them even more outrageous than at the worst of the recent madness. Many of us still remember that a 16" SDI tube with a matching bolt went for $695 on GB, and it raised quite a few eyebrows even then. To put it into perspective, any one today can buy a brand new 20" Krieger fully fluted and chambered in 6.5G for under $700. The rest of the upper is worth less than $200. So what are these guys trying to do here?

And NO BCG & CH? I hope these all headspace properly as I own a SDI 6.5G M4 16" barrel that is real picky about the bolt it will work with. Mine refused to go into battery with either of my PTG or Manson gauges on brand new .125 and .136 bolts. So for those of you who just got them, I suggest that you check that headspace right now!
Reply
#22
I think or at least hope supply and demand. Yes.you can get a kreiger or a saturn or lajia, but you're not getting them in a week. Maybe a year.

Sabers were top notch when I looked at them for a 5.56. So I have no worries.

I wouldnt pay 1k for an upper but being the last of a unreplaceable breed, someone might.

Honestly I think its a glitch.
Reply
#23
RED-X ships fast and i have used them for a lot of things. I really think there was a typo so just let them know and they will probably fix it. I just looked at all the other upper prices and that is the only one thru the roof. Something must be wrong.
Reply
#24
relisted at $550.00

http://shop.redxarms.com/145-SABRE-DEFEN...ABREUH.htm
Reply
#25
Sojorboy Wrote:relisted at $550.00

http://shop.redxarms.com/145-SABRE-DEFEN...ABREUH.htm
Ya they jacked up the price for those who didn't see it at $450. Now it looks like a deal for $550 with it marked down from $1,100.

I don't need one so guess its an ok price if that's what you want or need.

I got a 16" AR-Stoner for $300 with the bolt and an upper is $90 from Red X and a HG is around a hundred so that is still a $500 set up not including a BC. But I do have the bolt so thats a plus. The $450 was a more reasonable price without a Bolt....
Reply
#26
can you guys that bought these confirm if the 14.5 barrels have the grenade groove in them? thanks
Reply
#27
No grove. 14.5 mid length gas.
Reply
#28
Yeah both of mine are built, just waiting on bolts.
Reply
#29
ok, thanks, damn i wish they were carbine gas!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)