Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Alexander Arms....Disappointing
#21
How long are ya'll gonna beat this deadhorse.
1- AA takes most of their parts built by others to their specifications and build the rifle. Same as your car and most other items you own.
2- They do not advertise as a custom gunshop.
3- If you want to add the suppressor, you will have to get someone to thread it for you.
4- If you want a Les Baer, get a Les Baer. Their name is LES BAER CUSTOM, INC. So they advertise as a custom gunshop. AA's is ALEXANDER ARMS.

Les Baer starting prices from their website-
.264 LBC-AR™ Super Varmint Model $2290.00
.264 LBC-AR™ Super Match Model $2390.00
.264 LBC-AR™ M4 Flattop Model, Medium Wt. Bbl $2240.00

AA's proces from their website.
The GDMR is the top of the line AA rifle at $3650, the next is the Sniper at $3100.
The 16" Ultralight is $2100.
Their next most expensive is $1469.

If you guys don't like the AA's get rid of them and buy/build a different one.
Reply
#22
warped Wrote:I make 5/8x24 WCI brakes

These WCI brakes are great!
Reply
#23
RStewart Wrote:How long are ya'll gonna beat this deadhorse.
1- AA takes most of their parts built by others to their specifications and build the rifle. Same as your car and most other items you own.
2- They do not advertise as a custom gunshop.
3- If you want to add the suppressor, you will have to get someone to thread it for you.
4- If you want a Les Baer, get a Les Baer. Their name is LES BAER CUSTOM, INC. So they advertise as a custom gunshop. AA's is ALEXANDER ARMS.

Les Baer starting prices from their website-
.264 LBC-AR™ Super Varmint Model $2290.00
.264 LBC-AR™ Super Match Model $2390.00
.264 LBC-AR™ M4 Flattop Model, Medium Wt. Bbl $2240.00

AA's proces from their website.
The GDMR is the top of the line AA rifle at $3650, the next is the Sniper at $3100.
The 16" Ultralight is $2100.
Their next most expensive is $1469.

If you guys don't like the AA's get rid of them and buy/build a different one.

Rod,

Sounds like Les Baer Custom is priced right. Why would anyone want a $3700 AA when they can get a LBC for $2400?

Phil
Reply
#24
philmurphy Wrote:Rod,

Sounds like Les Baer Custom is priced right. Why would anyone want a $3700 AA when they can get a LBC for $2400?

Phil

It's amazing what five minutes of research will do.
Reply
#25
He also did not consider Templar Consulting LLC which can and will put out a better product with more custom options than LB.

Templar makes some awesome parts that go into those rifles, I bet LB does not even have an entry in the sniper competition at Bragg this year, Templar does.
Reply
#26
I pointed out Templar as an option, but I don't know if they were even considered.
Reply
#27
IMHO, they only saw what they wanted to see.
Reply
#28
Why not have a thread adapter made up? It would probably be just as cheap to have something with two different threads made up as it would be to try to get a custom thread put onto an "off the shelf" rifle.

However, by now, I suspect that you have already made up your mind that AA won't be getting your business, so this is likely a moot point. There are some really excellent rifle makers out there who do advertise themselves as "Custom" builders. This would allow you to get exactly the rifle and threads that you want.
Reply
#29
I will be in the same boat in about six months or so regarding wanting to add a can to my rifle. How do I go about having a thread adapter made up?
Reply
#30
gmar Wrote:I will be in the same boat in about six months or so regarding wanting to add a can to my rifle. How do I go about having a thread adapter made up?

You may want to check PWS web site, they got couple of those.
Reply
#31
We usually don't have allot of time to read or post on the forums. Saw this post about threading a barrel. Feel free to give Satern a call and we will do our best to try to help you out. Got our second line fixed today. So if we are on the other line (line 1) it should roll over to voice mail. Many times Kimmie and I are doing UPS etc and we let the phone pick up the messages. We have been doing our best to get the calls returned within 24 hours. Satern makes many kinds of barrels with many different threads on the muzzle so if you would like us to talk to Steven about your threading issue just call or email. Thanks.
Reply
#32
SATERN ROCKS IT!!!!!

That's PRE-customer service at it's finest. Only two kinds of Grendel owners, Satern barrel owners and those that wish they had a Satern after the fact.Cool
Reply
#33
On my long range Grendel I will be using a Satern bbl after this one turns into a tomato stake.

Steve will have it easy with me, rifled and chambered is all I need, I will put the bbl extension on if I have time, if not I will send him the bolt and have him headspace to it.
Reply
#34
warped Wrote:I make 5/8x24 WCI brakes
How much would that cost?
Reply
#35
$100 plus shipping, normally around $6 (stainless steel, you can have in in black or bead blasted, FDE is available now too) we also have the ability to do other colors for a small additional charge.

We also make these in Titanium, they go for $195 delivered.
Reply
#36
Heck yeah i have to have a Satern. They are building me a barrel, i cant wait just to hold it in my hands lol.
Reply
#37
salvageer,

Welcome.

Satern is a tiny shop, and they really have not had much success with answering phones or email. From what I've experienced, emails seldom get answered, and you must phone them many times to have a chance to get through. (I never did, left a couple messages, sent emails, never heard back. I don't have much patience, so I just quit trying.)

Their reputation has been outstanding, but they recently did not renew their licensing agreement for the Grendel, so they will not be chambering it in the future per their website.
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#38
I am new to the Grendel got interested while searching for another more accurate, harder hitting upper.. In my research I found Satern. I have emailed and left message for Satern to call back. Been waiting for over a week with no joy. Surely someone either saw my email or heard my message. They must make excellent barrels because it seems they don't need any more business. I am now looking at a 20" Satern barrel on Gunbroker with reservations of service after the purchase.
Reply
#39
Sorry new to posting here was not sure if i did it right
Reply
#40
Thanks for the welcoming Mr bwaites. I guess I just dont understand why a company would continue to advertise to sell a product and yet not seem interested in selling it. Seems like bad business to me. Plus looks like they sell more than just Grendel barrels so not sure how they sell them without communications. Maybe this is one of the reasons Alexander Arms wanted a new contract ?? Plus why if a company is doing well and has such a grand reputation of making 6.5 barrels stop when they can just go with the 264 LBC-AR and continue on ? Anyway any business with bad customer service regardless of the product they produce is not one that i would want to deal with. It's just seems to me such a shame. When researching Grendel the Satern name comes up consistently. Although I have yet to give up on what appears to me to be the best caiber ever introduced for the AR long distance platform. I WANT TO BUILD ONE !!! YEEE HAWWW LOL
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)