Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Wait time on AA barrels?
#21
Sweet so my 3/29 order might be inline soon.
Reply
#22
2ndAmendment Wrote:I emailed Steve.........

He also stated that my order (4/12/12) was pretty recent so it wouldn't be shipped anytime soon and thanked me for being patient. Glad I got in line and can't wait to get it. Nice to have something to look forward to.

I ordered mine on 4-13-12. Please keep us abreast of any updates you get.

Thanks.

Kevin
Reply
#23
ericv Wrote:Sweet so my 3/29 order might be inline soon.

Hopefully not b4 my 03/20/12 order.........lol
Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle........... Big Grin
Reply
#24
Im still waiting on my 18in barrel from first of January. I did notice that it is seems it is now cheaper to buy the same barrel and bolt than when my order was placed in January. I may just have to cancel not going to pay more for waiting 5 months. Also they have 2 bolt options now that they didn't have before so which one does the older orders get I bet its the cheap one? And fluting is now a plus $200 when I bought mine the barrels were fluted under the hand guard and was included in the price. Does this mean now that my barrel wont be fluted?
Reply
#25
03cobra Wrote:Im still waiting on my 18in barrel from first of January. I did notice that it is seems it is now cheaper to buy the same barrel and bolt than when my order was placed in January. I may just have to cancel not going to pay more for waiting 5 months. Also they have 2 bolt options now that they didn't have before so which one does the older orders get I bet its the cheap one? And fluting is now a plus $200 when I bought mine the barrels were fluted under the hand guard and was included in the price. Does this mean now that my barrel wont be fluted?

As always a call to AA is in order, anytime there are questions. I recommend that anyone that orders online should followup with a phone call.
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#26
Blacklab Wrote:Hopefully not b4 my 03/20/12 order.........lol


Oh yes, of course, wink wink lol
Reply
#27
ericv Wrote:Oh yes, of course, wink wink lol

LMAO
as long as you know the rules..............wink
Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle........... Big Grin
Reply
#28
03cobra Wrote:Im still waiting on my 18in barrel from first of January. I did notice that it is seems it is now cheaper to buy the same barrel and bolt than when my order was placed in January. I may just have to cancel not going to pay more for waiting 5 months. Also they have 2 bolt options now that they didn't have before so which one does the older orders get I bet its the cheap one? And fluting is now a plus $200 when I bought mine the barrels were fluted under the hand guard and was included in the price. Does this mean now that my barrel wont be fluted?

They have always been very helpful when I've called them...
Reply
#29
Blacklab Wrote:LMAO
as long as you know the rules..............wink
When I talked to them 2 weeks ago they said the 18's would be in before the 16's.

Which one did you order?
Reply
#30
I just got off the phone with AA and they told me my 24"(which I ordered Mar. 23) should be shipped out in the next two weeks, and they have already sent out their first shipment of backordered 24" barrels. I'm hoping this is the case. Now if I could get my trigger and handguard from backorder!





'
Reply
#31
i just ordered one 18" med profile and i called the to find out when it was going to ship as the charge has appeared on my account and was told there is an 8 week back order....
Reply
#32
I called back after going through this thread and asked if the 8 week estimate was firm and told the woman i spoke to there were people on the forum that had been waiting since January at which point she said she doesn't actually know how long it will take as they fill the back orders first and she does not know how many back orders there are or when barrels will become available i am ok with back orders but i don't much care for being jerked around if they have 8week+ back orders they should really make note of it on the website before accepting/processing orders and certainly not charge accounts until orders are ready to ship
Reply
#33
Just got an email back from AA they said they still have no clue when my order from january for an 18in barrel will be available. I would be willing to bet they are building complete rifles first and shipping those out. Or hoarding up for the election rush.
Reply
#34
I called AA and canceled my order then called satern and ordered a barrel from them the wait is out until sept-oct but at least i believe them when they say that's when my order will ship and i ordered it to my personal spec i went with a 21 inch barrel mid length gas system and 5/8x24 threaded barrel
Reply
#35
mongoosesnipe Wrote:I called AA and canceled my order then called satern and ordered a barrel from them the wait is out until sept-oct but at least i believe them when they say that's when my order will ship and i ordered it to my personal spec i went with a 21 inch barrel mid length gas system and 5/8x24 threaded barrel

just curious as to why you went with mid length gas as opposed to rifle length?
Reply
#36
ricsmall Wrote:just curious as to why you went with mid length gas as opposed to rifle length?

mostly just personal preference i like to use low profile gas blocks and put them under rifle length float tubes this will be my first Grendel build i am using a lar grizzley side charging upper and rifle length pri delta tube with low profile pri adjustable gas block to fine tune the action with the mid length system on a rifle length barrel
Reply
#37
sounds good, show us pics when you get the build going. I hope my barrel is here in 3-4 wks. ordered on april 5th from templar, he said @6 wks, so...
Reply
#38
ericv Wrote:When I talked to them 2 weeks ago they said the 18's would be in before the 16's.

Which one did you order?

18 beaded + fluted.
I'm excited for the barrel but this chat about a 4 month wait min is a little hard to adjust.
Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle........... Big Grin
Reply
#39
Finally got my barrel in today that was ordered Jan 20th! Just need to get a longer gas tube and I'll be good to go!
Reply
#40
base on what i gathered talking to them is that the barrels are coming in in in groups and they have no idea when or what barrels they will be getting in but based on people being told 4 weeks back in January and getting their barrels 3.5 months later i don't have a lot of faith in AA back order estimates i was told 8 weeks on my first call on my second call i was told at least 8 weeks and i brought up people on here waiting since January and was told that they don't really know when the barrels will come in or even how long the back log is I get that there is a shortage of parts between the election rush and Remingtons contract pulling parts off the market i just think AA is handling thinks badly from a costumer service stand point which is why i canceled my barrel order and ordered a different barrel with a 5 month wait but at least with that i get a custom barrel for my wait and it was not that much more custom match barrel and bolt from satren was 443 and AA is 280
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)