09-02-2020, 10:22 AM
That's something to consider. And I may, come November, just stick with the 130grain bullets.
|
Hunting bullets
|
|
09-02-2020, 10:22 AM
That's something to consider. And I may, come November, just stick with the 130grain bullets.
09-02-2020, 05:26 PM
Since ATK owns both Federal and Speer, is the Fusion MSR 120 soft point anything like the Speer Gold Dot? Minimum expansion velocities similar?
The listed numbers are pretty far apart... (G1 BC / SD) Speer 120 Gold Dot 0.457 / 0.246 Federal Fusion MSR 120 0.340 / ?
09-02-2020, 07:44 PM
consider Nosler 125gr. Partition. if they group in your rifle, they're great dependable hunting bullets.
-tdbru
09-02-2020, 07:52 PM
tdbru Wrote:consider Nosler 125gr. Partition. if they group in your rifle, they're great dependable hunting bullets. Earlier today I saw dome 125gr Partitions overruns on Shooterspro http://www.shootersproshop.com/loading-r...-50ct.html
09-02-2020, 08:03 PM
I'm running 129 ABLR and 120 GoldDot from my Ruger Predator Grendel. Only have had one shot at a deer with the rifle and it was with the ABLR. I would have expected that the bonded bullet would have held up better as there was little left of the bullet with a 35 yard shot and only ribs hit from the brisket straight back. The GoldDots seem to hold up better from what I have seen on others' recovered bullets.
So my plan is to sight in with the ABLR and use them for shots over 100 yards and carry a GoldDot as the bullet in the chamber. That way if it is close...boom! If it is farther away...eject the GoldDot and chamber an ABLR. My loads right now put both on the same POI at 100 yards. Next project is to see where the Barnes 127 LRX hits at 20 to 100 yards as that may become my "up close" bullet as there is no such thing as too close with a Barnes.
09-12-2020, 12:30 PM
22" barrel and locked breech should get you 2500fps range with a 125gr Nosler partition.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|