Shot 2019
#21
I have three B&C stocked rifles and I like them. I am definitely going to put one on at least one of my Howa's.
Reply
#22
Unfortunately I'm unable to upload pictures this morning. I'll try again later.
Weight is projected to be less than 2 pounds. The 2nd one out of the tool with a prototype bedding block weighs right at 2lbs. Production stocks should be a little less.
Yes full block, one piece, no press in pillars, machined in.
The stock is built utilizing the factory detachable magazine.
I don't have everything right here in front of me, but there is nearly a 3 degree angle to the bottom of the machined block where the bottom metal contacts.
Reply
#23
Best I can come up with for pictures this morning.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13706[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13707[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13708[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
Reply
#24
Looking good! 2 suggestions from my vantage point:

1. I think the barrel channel needs to be widened out... so it will clearly be floated. maybe that's already but it looks to me kinda close.
2. Look into that bottom angle stuff... can you get hold of the DIP bottom metal? if that fits flush all the way front to back then even the factory plastic will fit flush and not crack. Howa's angle in the back by the rear action screw is off. "Frontier Gear" member on here has a lot of posts about all of that. If you wanted to, maybe even throw in the DIP (note it typically uses the mag release lever and spring/pin from the original, it's a kit so to speak) as an optional add-on for a little extra $. It would be worth it to the shooter.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#25
Gunner75 Wrote:Unfortunately I'm unable to upload pictures this morning. I'll try again later.
Weight is projected to be less than 2 pounds. The 2nd one out of the tool with a prototype bedding block weighs right at 2lbs. Production stocks should be a little less.
Yes full block, one piece, no press in pillars, machined in.
The stock is built utilizing the factory detachable magazine.
I don't have everything right here in front of me, but there is nearly a 3 degree angle to the bottom of the machined block where the bottom metal contacts.

Thanks for the reply!
Reply
#26
The barrel channel has nearly .060" float all the way around it. The pictures are poor at best.
I am certain there will be no issue with the factory plastic bottom metal or the DIP. I have access to the DIP units as a fellow shooter (member here I'm certain) has a few.
If the weather holds out I plan on taking this to a local gunshow he is attending this weekend. Just to show it off and I'll firm up on your question.
Reply
#27
ok great!
if you guys are looking into and considering all of this, that's all we could ask for!
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#28
Even if the rear inlet is off (like the LSI stock), it would still work with the DIPinc bottom metal as long as you torque the front action screw before the rear one. The aluminum can take the strain where as the factory plastic often fails eventually.
Engineer, FFL and Pastor
Reply
#29
Nice looking setup. Can't wait to get one in my hands.
Reply
#30
Thanks Gunner75 for the updates I'm all in for one of those !!!!!!!
Reply
#31
I REALLY like that B&C stock, thanks for the pics Gunner75! I'm considering taking advantage of the Brownell's sale on the 20" HB mini-action, to wait on the B&C stock availability. Any updates yet?

SSTX
Reply
#32
I’m very excited about the B&C stock
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)