12-18-2018, 03:38 PM
Sign me up. I had an inconsequential, but annoying mag drop a couple of weeks ago.
|
New Howa Mini-Action Mag Release
|
|
12-18-2018, 03:38 PM
Sign me up. I had an inconsequential, but annoying mag drop a couple of weeks ago.
12-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Thanks Frontier Gear ! these part should make a great little rifle awesome !
12-19-2018, 05:10 PM
They really do make a good rifle a great rifle. Just got back from my birthday range trip a few mints ago, got the howa up too 46 rounds now, shooting great so far.
The new release and the bottom metal I bought from hokiepokeykid from this fourm has the rifle feeling much better.
12-19-2018, 05:33 PM
Plastic is great, but some things just need to be metal.
Engineer, FFL and Pastor
12-19-2018, 05:41 PM
Frontier Gear Wrote:Plastic is great, but some things just need to be metal. I would still like a steel mag body done up like the flush fit plastic mag mod. Would give a bit more room inside the mag for handload length. Steel mag has thinner walls then plastic bet you could get an extra .20 thousands room in a steel body mag.
12-19-2018, 05:44 PM
What about just converting the current DIPinc designed bottom metal into a hinged floor plate?
Engineer, FFL and Pastor
12-19-2018, 05:55 PM
Frontier Gear Wrote:What about just converting the current DIPinc designed bottom metal into a hinged floor plate? That would be awesome as well. I had a thread going on that, talked with a gunsmith some that had it working with 223 and last we spoke he was working on a grendel mag box for blind floor but never got a reply back from my last 2 emails. Could be he is busy or maybe they got lost in spam folder, I need too shoot him anouther email, I know he runs his own shop and was working on this in his free time.
12-19-2018, 07:34 PM
I could ask DIPinc if they would be interested in it, but my gut feeling is that there may not be enough interest from us to make it profitable for them. They have already put a ton of time and money into the current parts for us. If you count up the engineering and CAD time, 3D printed prototypes and small batch runs of the prototypes for testing, etc... it isn't an insignificant investment. Looking back at it, they have been able to turn ideas into physical, commercially available parts pretty quickly when compared to some others that we have talked with.
Engineer, FFL and Pastor
12-19-2018, 08:53 PM
Frontier Gear Wrote:I could ask DIPinc if they would be interested in it, but my gut feeling is that there may not be enough interest from us to make it profitable for them. They have already put a ton of time and money into the current parts for us. If you count up the engineering and CAD time, 3D printed prototypes and small batch runs of the prototypes for testing, etc... it isn't an insignificant investment. Looking back at it, they have been able to turn ideas into physical, commercially available parts pretty quickly when compared to some others that we have talked with. Oh I understand completely. But if you do a Google search just about ever post on the net you find about howa mini rifles someone is wanting it with a blind floor mag setup. I would be willing to bet if they did it they would sell plenty of them. Heck I would buy a second mini grendel just to have one setup that way on a light weight walk around bolt grendel.
12-20-2018, 12:54 AM
I got my new release in and it is awesome , Thanks
12-23-2018, 03:17 AM
I received my new mag release today . Looks good ,I'm gonna try to get it installed tomorrow, hopefully . DIPinc. has brought some very good mods to the table for a very good weapon .
01-15-2019, 04:45 PM
Has anybody installed this on a chassis? Pic?
01-15-2019, 05:00 PM
32Ballew Wrote:Has anybody installed this on a chassis? Pic? I thought the chassis used a different mag release setup?
01-16-2019, 05:53 PM
I contacted them and the trigger guard will not fit the chassis. So disappointing that howa has this obvious flaw in the magazine release and wont adresss it. Im out. Going with the Ruger.
01-16-2019, 06:06 PM
32Ballew Wrote:I contacted them and the trigger guard will not fit the chassis. So disappointing that howa has this obvious flaw in the magazine release and won’t adresss it. I’m out. Going with the Ruger. I'm lost? Why would you need the trigger gaurd and mag release for the howa stocks on a chassis built for the howa action? I thought the chassis had a triggerguard built into them and came with their own mag release aslo. You have me lost sir? I'm not understanding what your talking about or trying to accomplish.
01-16-2019, 06:13 PM
This gun is for a 12 year old. Hes going to lose magazines with the current release set up. It looks unchanged in the EXCL Lite. I need it to have a colapsable stock so stuck with a chassis. Am I missing something?
01-16-2019, 06:25 PM
32Ballew Wrote:This gun is for a 12 year old. He’s going to lose magazines with the current release set up. It looks unchanged in the EXCL Lite. I need it to have a colapsable stock so stuck with a chassis. Am I missing something? For a 12 year old, check out the Boyds At-One stock. It is very adjustable and works well with the Howa mini-action and the DIPinc products. Also, a chassis has a built in mag well, so that is not needed to purchase separately. The DIPinc mag release lever may or may not work on a chassis. However, you can simply cut down the factory mag release lever to use on a chassis as well. Problem solved either way.
Engineer, FFL and Pastor
01-16-2019, 06:35 PM
Here are two Howa's in the Boyds stocks with DIPinc bottom metals, mag floor plates and mag release levers. These will fit the smallest kids as well as most adults (unless they are giants like Sticks). Even then, Boyds offers an extended LOP mechanism on their web site. The top one has the mag cut down, the bottom one is with a factory length mag.
Engineer, FFL and Pastor
01-16-2019, 10:40 PM
Hey Frontier...can you point me to the "Mag mod" thread...I seem to have missed that
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights! |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|