02-17-2018, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2018, 06:06 PM by jonny rotton.)
ok will do the best i can. i did learn to shoot with a .308. i shot high power in a southern calif winter league for about four years in the 80's. i continue to learn newer or better techniques in shooting. i have taken multiply classes in the last few years and i privately teach fundamentals to numerous people. i am just saying that i am a experienced shooter but fairly new to building. this new barrel is supposed to put them in an extremely tight group. i am looking forward to shooting it asap. i need a few parts and some warmer weather. we are expecting sub zero temperatures. just discovered that my buddy has a way to check/square the uppers. i will do that for sure.
'52, great list by the way...
Could you maybe post it up so all the new grendel builders have a reference list - they all will have the same questions...!!
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
jonny rotton Wrote:i picked up a mcgowan 20" barrel today. its a heavy looking one. when i get out to shoot it i will let you all know how it shoots.
I saw they had a couple in stock yesterday. Did you buy 2 barrels and get 25% off?
My Odin 22 Nosler barrel was a laser beam (I guess it still is since its sitting in a tube in my closet). Unfortunately, this load literally bent the rims of super craptastic Nosler brass:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11088[/ATTACH]
The key to shooting this group was to have the backstop in the shade while using a 2.5-10x, thereby rendering StoneHendge the inability to see how he was grouping
stonehendge Wrote:...the key to shooting this group was to have the backstop in the shade while using a 2.5-10x, thereby rendering stonehendge the inability to see how he was grouping
Anyone have any experience with the complete uppers made by GrendelHunter? Leaning towards the 18" fluted option. Should be a good shoot with the Satern barrel.
I recently purchased the Aero Precision complete upper with 20 barrel. Im told the barrel is the BA DRM Premium Series. Wasnt sure if anyone else here has it or has put rounds through one. I wont be able to shoot it until next week, but will report back once I do.
golfer Wrote:Anyone have any experience with the complete uppers made by GrendelHunter? Leaning towards the 18" fluted option. Should be a good shoot with the Satern barrel.
Just be sure you're aware, the barrels are Liberty button rifled with Grendel II chambers, rather than Saturn, cut rifled SAAMI chambers. I'm not making a judgement on the difference, you can find those opinions on other threads.
Seems like I've seen a few threads here on the Grendelhunter uppers.
I almost pulled the trigger on the 18" fluted Grendel Hunter upper but ended up with a 18" Faxon Group Buy barrel. I've seen nothing but good reviews from people that bought their uppers. However, I've never shot any type of Grendel so I can't really say anything about SAAMI vs Grendel II. FYI I didn't see adjustable gas blocks as an option to their upper on the Grendel Hunter site so I emailed them. They responded almost immediately to confirm adjustable gas blocks are included at no extra cost. Maybe email them to make sure before you order if you go that route.