Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
RedRed X Arms
#11
txgunner00 Wrote:BUYER BEWARE!!!

I ordered a Sabre barrel from red X that turned out to be basically throatless. Couldn't fire anything loaded anywhere near factory length with out wild pressure problems and blown primers. I attempted many, many times to contact them over the course of a month and a half but they did not once respond to my calls or emails. I honestly wasn't expecting much, if anything, from them but their non-existent customer service has guaranteed they will not receive another penny from me.

I replaced the barrel with one from Precision Firearms made from a Sabre blank that was finished chambered, head spaced, threaded and melonited to my specifications for just $75 more than what I paid for the barrel from red x.

I am sorry to say this is not uncommon with them. they have great pricing, but a few years ago I ordered something listed as in stock and 2 weeks later nothing had shipped. tried over and over to contact them as a week after my order the site said out of stock. Never got a response for 2 weeks of emails just asking for an update. I finally sent an email asking to cancel my order and got a response 1hr later. Friends of mine have placed orders and had them ship same day. One has had feed issues with his 556 barrel, others have had no issues and super happy..

I ordered a 24" 556 barrel from them, shipped next day, got here looked great, but shot terrible, I ran everything from 55grain to 77grain pills in all sorts of lengths and powder loads. Finally got one to shoot MOA, sold that a while back. I only use Redx for basic stuff like uppers recievers, magpull sights, gas tubes, gas blocks, etc..
Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
Anderson Pistol lower:
16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RedRed X Arms - by am4966 - 11-04-2014, 09:53 AM
RedRed X Arms - by jurassic - 11-04-2014, 03:19 PM
RedRed X Arms - by VASCAR2 - 11-04-2014, 04:58 PM
RedRed X Arms - by biodsl - 11-05-2014, 01:48 AM
RedRed X Arms - by PigOPs - 11-05-2014, 02:32 AM
RedRed X Arms - by Errorhead - 11-05-2014, 03:34 AM
RedRed X Arms - by BIPMaster - 11-06-2014, 01:00 AM
RedRed X Arms - by LRRPF52 - 11-06-2014, 02:57 AM
RedRed X Arms - by txgunner00 - 11-06-2014, 01:38 PM
RedRed X Arms - by PigOPs - 11-06-2014, 02:11 PM
RedRed X Arms - by lamrith - 11-06-2014, 04:54 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)