11-06-2014, 02:11 PM
txgunner00 Wrote:BUYER BEWARE!!!
I ordered a Sabre barrel from red X that turned out to be basically throatless. Couldn't fire anything loaded anywhere near factory length with out wild pressure problems and blown primers. I attempted many, many times to contact them over the course of a month and a half but they did not once respond to my calls or emails. I honestly wasn't expecting much, if anything, from them but their non-existent customer service has guaranteed they will not receive another penny from me.
I replaced the barrel with one from Precision Firearms made from a Sabre blank that was finished chambered, head spaced, threaded and melonited to my specifications for just $75 more than what I paid for the barrel from red x.
It may be a crap shoot but my barreled upper allowed loads to be loaded fairly far out. The only "issue" I had was the shoulder was toward the minimum spec whereas my 18" was toward the maximum. It shoots all factory ammo with great hunting accuracy 1-1.5 MOA

