09-09-2011, 09:05 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2011, 09:12 PM by TheOTHERmaninblack.)
volcomdork182 Wrote:Hey guys so i know a barrel, bolt, and bare upper receiver cost 425. But how much does everything else cost for a complete upper? Anyone know a ballpark price on what i should be looking at?
You can pick up a bolt carrier for around $100.
The upper parts kit (springs, firing pin, spare extractor, etc) will set you back another $20 (Got a couple of sets ad JSEsurplus for that) Basic charging handles, around $20. If you picked up the AA upper, it'll already have a dust cover and FA installed. If not, figure another $35ish. FSB anywhere from $25 on up. Delta ring assy and assorted gear, around another $40-50. Gas tube, $12-15 or so. forearms are all over the place from $30isth to several hundred.
Sights will run you anywhere from around $80 upwards of $1000, depending on what you're after.
Honestly, if I do a budget build, I'll pick up a Del Ton complete upper for around $400 that comes complete with everything except a rear sight. Swap the barrel out with your 6.5, and you're in at around $750, a good hundred or more dollars less than building from scratch. Squirrelly, I know, but I've done the math over and over and over, and can't get individual (reasonable quality) parts out the door anywhere near as cheap as picking up a complete upper and just throwing the barrel away:confused:

