10-28-2014, 01:00 AM
When I went that route, I chose a company with a reputation for doing really good work on gas guns. That was GA Precision. This was before the GAP-10, so I was able to send them a receiver set, BCG, LPK, receiver extension tube, buffer & recoil spring, charge handle, handguard with barrel nut, and let them do the barrel profiling, chambering, fitting to the extension, gas port work, gas block, accurizing, etc.
I have well over $3000 in that rifle, and it now sits in the case, but does offer a competitive advantage against .308's at matches. There was one Sniper match I shot where we had to do a benchrest stage at 600yds, winner has the highest score count on bullseye paper targets. Everyone else had bolt guns, and I was the only one with counts in the black. One other guy had one hit on the white on his target. They just didn't call the wind as well as I did on that stage, but I wonder where I would have been with a .308 Win.
You definitely have more velocity than a Grendel with .260 Remington or 6.5 Creedmoor, and can push the 130gr bullets pretty fast. If I were using the 1993-2013 BCG size, I would look at the Lancer or Seekins billet sets and build from there. I would also consider the GII as a donor gun.
Lancer L30 2014 Advanced Large Frame AR
![[Image: Lancer-L30-Right-Side.jpg]](http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Lancer-L30-Right-Side.jpg)
Seekins SP-10
I have well over $3000 in that rifle, and it now sits in the case, but does offer a competitive advantage against .308's at matches. There was one Sniper match I shot where we had to do a benchrest stage at 600yds, winner has the highest score count on bullseye paper targets. Everyone else had bolt guns, and I was the only one with counts in the black. One other guy had one hit on the white on his target. They just didn't call the wind as well as I did on that stage, but I wonder where I would have been with a .308 Win.
You definitely have more velocity than a Grendel with .260 Remington or 6.5 Creedmoor, and can push the 130gr bullets pretty fast. If I were using the 1993-2013 BCG size, I would look at the Lancer or Seekins billet sets and build from there. I would also consider the GII as a donor gun.
Lancer L30 2014 Advanced Large Frame AR
![[Image: Lancer-L30-Right-Side.jpg]](http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Lancer-L30-Right-Side.jpg)
Seekins SP-10
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
