Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
65 Receiver Set with Polymer mags from PF (HOPEFULLY)
#18
bwaites Wrote:Its entirely possible that I will have to agree to disagree with you on this. I'm all for ingenuity, but hope it doesn't hurt rather than help!

We agree on one thing. A Grendel in the GII would be far more expensive then what I propose here.

You like having multiple brands of magazines to choose from. Fair enough then this platform wouldn't be for you. I for one like to have a stack of fully functional magazines. If they all come from one company like magpul then I'm fine with that.

aclark Wrote:I don't see how this is worth anything but trivial fun. If you are creating a whole new receiver set, then you are losing the whole point of the Grendel....a high performance round that fits in a standard AR-15. Others have chimed in with more in depth reasons why its not needed, but I like to keep it simple. I don't see any reason what so ever why this would be beneficial to us as Grendel owners. There is enough confusion with chamberings that a new receiver set isn't needed.

I'm sorry, but this entire argument is utterly ridiculous. It's like saying new rails released into the market is a bad thing for the AR15, it makes things to confusing to the consumer. It's like saying having different action lengths in your savage or 700 is a bad thing for those platforms, it makes them to confusing.

They're merely more options for the consumer, which has always been a good thing when done as an innovation derived from a demand, not a CYO exercise.

Bottom line is the Consumer is going to pick the components that best meet their needs.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply


Messages In This Thread
65 Receiver Set with Polymer mags from PF (HOPEFULLY) - by cory - 10-25-2014, 03:09 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)