Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
65 Receiver Set with Polymer mags from PF (HOPEFULLY)
#16
cory Wrote:Bill do you not work up new loads for each barrel when you get it? How would getting this receiver set with a new barrel be any different???

I do work up loads, but I've found that 90% of what I do is either 123 Amax's over 28 grains of 8208 or 30 grains of CFE 223. Those two loads shoot sub MOA in all three of my rifles loaded at 2.26. If I'm going to shoot a 300-600 F class match with my 28", I'll load some 107 Sierras, because they shoot lights out in that rifle, but only for competitions do I bother.

If you're not swapping out an old system, but starting an entirely new build, where's the extra cost???

[COLOR="#8b0000"]That's my whole point.....You are building an entire new build based on the ability to use a new magazine, without any backwards compatibility. You'll have an AR that will accept ONLY one kind of mag. I've hated having only one mag option for years, so now we are going to limit it to just Pmags, and one manufacturer all over again? Sounds like walking backwards to me. I'd love a PMAG that worked in the AR15 platform, but building a whole new platform based on that wish seems pretty short sighted. The volume of mags would be miniscule without a government contract, which will drive the price too high. If the larger magwell could be somehow backwards compatible, it would interest me more. [/COLOR]

The GII has a different barrel extension. Now we're talking about a custom barrel job. That's a lot more extra cost than this would be.

Wait, a custom barrel cost more than a whole receiver set? And you think that it can be done using just standard barrels and extensions? What about bolts? You are talking a whole new system, seems to me that it would cost MORE than a custom barrel/extension.

The Grendel is hands down the most versatile round on the market. However, it's limited mindsets that have been shown in this thread that hold it back from gaining popularity.

Limited mindsets? Hmmmm.....I've not been accused of that before when it comes to the Grendel. I'm the guy that spent literally thousands upon thousands of hours arguing its merits. I just think that creating a whole new receiver set will be the death knell for the cartridge as even more confusion takes hold!

The Grendel is exceptional from 10.3" to 24"+ barrels at point blank range to 500 yards for hunting medium game 800yards+ for military applications and 1000+ yards for target work.

And if that is so, just why do we need a new receiver set again?

It's exceptional from the bench to a carbine course to a DMR application and would be the ultimate LMG.

I tend to agree with you there, but no one is designing that LMG!

The Grendel would benefit from a platform specifically designed for it, whether some people deem it worth the cost or not.

Possibly so, but at what cost? Please reference the RAR 30.

Its entirely possible that I will have to agree to disagree with you on this. I'm all for ingenuity, but hope it doesn't hurt rather than help!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply


Messages In This Thread
65 Receiver Set with Polymer mags from PF (HOPEFULLY) - by bwaites - 10-25-2014, 02:02 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)