Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lilja AR740 barrel and looking for bolt
#10
LRRPF52 Wrote:One thing I noticed about the bolts from Precision Firearms is that the extractors are already tuned, which is a nice touch that you don't often see in the AR15 market.

The AA hard use bolts are very well made as well. There is something going on with the coating/surface finish that looks much different than the nitrided bolts.

I think I read the AA hard use bolts are IonBond coated, which is probably a DLC (diamond like carbon) finish. Very cool stuff, my Remington 700 XCR II and a BCM bcg I regrettably let get away, have that finish on them. Very slick and hard stuff. I just bought a VooDoo Innovations bcg that's finished with the same stuff. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Lilja AR740 barrel and looking for bolt - by jurassic - 10-23-2014, 11:55 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)