Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
source for 6.5 G extractor ?
#2
A 7.62x39 extractor should work--both cartridges share the same rim dimensions. I have ARs in both 6.5 and 7.62x39, and I do remember comparing the two extractors. The only thing I remember for certain was that one extractor was slightly wider than the other and wouldn't quite fit in the bolt. I don't remember which one it was, though. Maybe it was just a tolerance issue instead of a design difference. I know that the Grendel boltface is slightly deeper than the 7.62, allowing more "meat" on the extractor hook end, but I don't know if that'll preclude using a 7.62 in a 6.5. I'll try to make a point of hauling out both irons and comparing the extractors. If I don't report in a day or two, ping me via IM to help me kickstart the old rememberer.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
source for 6.5 G extractor ? - by Drifter - 09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
source for 6.5 G extractor ? - by ss355 - 09-08-2011, 05:51 PM
source for 6.5 G extractor ? - by bwaites - 09-08-2011, 05:55 PM
source for 6.5 G extractor ? - by ss355 - 09-08-2011, 06:00 PM
source for 6.5 G extractor ? - by Drifter - 09-09-2011, 02:49 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)