09-12-2014, 09:23 PM
I have a 16" J&T Distributing a sister company to Double Star Corp. and I think the 16" is a great length for a hunting rifle. My 16" gets about 2450 FPS out of 123 grain A-Max and SST at 350 ft ASL so you should be above 1800 FPS at 300+ yards.
The 6.5 Grendel starts out a little slower than the 5.56 but sheds velocity slower because of the higher ballistic coefficient. Bill Alexander uses a faster twist in shorter barrels after conducting a lot of research. I'm sure an AA upper will shoot anything from 85 grains to 130 grains in .264/6.5 bullets you might be tempted to try. The 123 SST has been successful in hunting as well as the 100 & 120 grain Barnes TTSX. A friend of mine took an Antelope in Wy at 380 yards with a Nosler 120 grain Ballistic tip.
The 6.5 Grendel starts out a little slower than the 5.56 but sheds velocity slower because of the higher ballistic coefficient. Bill Alexander uses a faster twist in shorter barrels after conducting a lot of research. I'm sure an AA upper will shoot anything from 85 grains to 130 grains in .264/6.5 bullets you might be tempted to try. The 123 SST has been successful in hunting as well as the 100 & 120 grain Barnes TTSX. A friend of mine took an Antelope in Wy at 380 yards with a Nosler 120 grain Ballistic tip.

