Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Looking for my first Grendel
#1
Hello all, newbie from NC here. I have been lurking for a while and it's time to get going on the grendel I have been wanting for a long time.
I do feel the Grendel is a great round; always had a thing for 6.5's.
I presently have a nice 16" middy 5.56 with a 9" troy FF handguard and Aimpoint M3. Basic carbine stock. My version of a KISS carbine. My goal is to hunt with this platform with a 6.5 upper with scope. I love the way the 16" gun handles. Not sure I would like the 18" barrel but I guess I have the usual concerns about velocity drop with the 16" barrel. I am not expecting the shoot this in a hunting situation at longer ranges, I realize the limitations of the gear. So, at say 0-300 or 400 yds max. would I be good to go with 16" barrels ? Another question ? Do the bullets in the 120 gr. range perform ok at 16" barrel velocities ? I figured 120 gr would be a good range to try. Opinions of bullets that work well in 16" barrels welcome.
I have noticed on the AA website an upper called the Incursion. a 16" 1:7.5 barrel with a rifle length FF handguard. I like that configuration. What are the feelings about the 1:7.5 twist for shorter barrels ? Is it necessary ? Does it do what it is supposed to do ? Does anyone have any experience with this upper ? I like the price too.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Lee
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Looking for my first Grendel - by Dr. Lee - 09-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by usar_ds - 09-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by VASCAR2 - 09-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by Dr. Lee - 09-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by usar_ds - 09-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by Wheelhorse - 09-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by Dr. Lee - 09-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 09-12-2014, 11:49 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by cory - 09-13-2014, 02:48 AM
Looking for my first Grendel - by montana - 09-13-2014, 04:56 AM
Looking for my first Grendel - by Dave Bob - 09-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Looking for my first Grendel - by Variable - 09-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Looking for my first Grendel - by montana - 09-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by cory - 09-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by Dr. Lee - 09-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 09-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by Variable - 09-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Looking for my first Grendel - by BjornF16 - 09-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by montana - 09-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by cory - 09-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by montana - 09-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by Sputnik - 09-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Looking for my first Grendel - by Dr. Lee - 09-21-2014, 12:49 AM
Looking for my first Grendel - by tackdriver - 09-13-2014, 12:04 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)