To me the sweet part of what you posted is that it shoots exceptionally well with the cheapest brass cased factory ammo out there. I personally would be pretty tickled with that, and besides developing some good loads, I'd leave some cash laid back and buy a buttload of Wolf Gold 120 MPT next time it came in.LOL
I have an old Mannlicher stocked Krico bolt action chambered in .222 Remington. It shoots lights out with the crappy remington 50 grain pointed soft points. I tried buying the fancy stuff for it, but it shot lousy. I just shrugged and giggled like a little girl while I cleaned out Wallyworld of all their cheap Remmy .222 fodder. I have a pretty big pile of it now. I still laugh every time I see some marked down and grab it just because I can.LOL
For an easy accurate handload for your Grendel-- Try the Nosler 120gr. BT. Many folks have found very accurate handloads with that bullet (and the 100gr. BT also) with very little effort. I see you tried one factory load of it (PF), but it might only take a different powder or seating depth to snug your barrel's groups right down to bughole territory.
My personal load with that bullet uses 31.7 grains of Win. 748 (WARNING-- Work up. That charge is warm in my rifle...), a CCI 450 primer and seated at 2.265". I hit it almost right off the bat, and it was so easy I just called it good right there.
![[Image: bb7fa344.jpg]](http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn291/Variable556/Grendel/bb7fa344.jpg)
Good luck, and I'm glad your rifle is a cheap date.
That to me is worth bragging about.LOL
ETA: One caveat with the Nosler B.T.s..... The jacket alloy that Nosler uses seems to be a tad bit different than Sierra, Lapua, etc. Bill A. reported it long ago, and I experienced it too, so I toss it out there every so often as a reminder. I can shoot Sierras, Lapuas, etc. all day, and switching back and forth doesn't seem to change much. BUT--- If I shoot Nosler B.T.s and then switch back to Sierra bullets the groups open up for a brief spell until the bore settles down again. So you can either clean in between, or just plink through it (should be gone within about 10 rounds IIRC).
I have an old Mannlicher stocked Krico bolt action chambered in .222 Remington. It shoots lights out with the crappy remington 50 grain pointed soft points. I tried buying the fancy stuff for it, but it shot lousy. I just shrugged and giggled like a little girl while I cleaned out Wallyworld of all their cheap Remmy .222 fodder. I have a pretty big pile of it now. I still laugh every time I see some marked down and grab it just because I can.LOL
For an easy accurate handload for your Grendel-- Try the Nosler 120gr. BT. Many folks have found very accurate handloads with that bullet (and the 100gr. BT also) with very little effort. I see you tried one factory load of it (PF), but it might only take a different powder or seating depth to snug your barrel's groups right down to bughole territory.
My personal load with that bullet uses 31.7 grains of Win. 748 (WARNING-- Work up. That charge is warm in my rifle...), a CCI 450 primer and seated at 2.265". I hit it almost right off the bat, and it was so easy I just called it good right there.![[Image: bb7fa344.jpg]](http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn291/Variable556/Grendel/bb7fa344.jpg)
Good luck, and I'm glad your rifle is a cheap date.
That to me is worth bragging about.LOL
ETA: One caveat with the Nosler B.T.s..... The jacket alloy that Nosler uses seems to be a tad bit different than Sierra, Lapua, etc. Bill A. reported it long ago, and I experienced it too, so I toss it out there every so often as a reminder. I can shoot Sierras, Lapuas, etc. all day, and switching back and forth doesn't seem to change much. BUT--- If I shoot Nosler B.T.s and then switch back to Sierra bullets the groups open up for a brief spell until the bore settles down again. So you can either clean in between, or just plink through it (should be gone within about 10 rounds IIRC).
Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....
We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

