06-16-2014, 11:29 PM
I just want to say that Dan Lilja has been true to his word and a stand up gentleman throughout this process. At no time did he blame anyone else, or entertain ideas of whose fault this was. Instead, he offered to do exactly as indicated on his site.
I want everyone to know that there are significant costs on his end associated with this, and he is known for being a high end barrel maker who is renowned among bench rest shooters around the world.
I also know that a lot of you who were in on the Group Buy are getting your first Grendel barrel ever, while others like myself have been into this cartridge for years, and already know its performance. I want to reiterate that these are the finest AR15 barrels I have seen, with the finest extensions affixed to them. I don't fully understand why we ended up with the reamer we did, but it is very admirable that Dan has taken ownership of this at his expense.
I am working to see what can be done with the existing barrels in terms of short-chambering them, and have sent off my 18.5" to have that done. It's a royal pain of a task to accomplish, so we'll see how it pans out. The point is that if you are not satisfied with your existing fired barrel, it's probably salvageable.
I would like to help out by doing the Cerakote again for those who had it done as part of the Group Buy that are getting returns, but I'm afraid it will be at least 2.5 months before I can get to them due to my obligations with the Boy Scouts of America this summer.
I want to publicly thank Dan Lilja and his team again for being stand-up people during this process.
I want everyone to know that there are significant costs on his end associated with this, and he is known for being a high end barrel maker who is renowned among bench rest shooters around the world.
I also know that a lot of you who were in on the Group Buy are getting your first Grendel barrel ever, while others like myself have been into this cartridge for years, and already know its performance. I want to reiterate that these are the finest AR15 barrels I have seen, with the finest extensions affixed to them. I don't fully understand why we ended up with the reamer we did, but it is very admirable that Dan has taken ownership of this at his expense.
I am working to see what can be done with the existing barrels in terms of short-chambering them, and have sent off my 18.5" to have that done. It's a royal pain of a task to accomplish, so we'll see how it pans out. The point is that if you are not satisfied with your existing fired barrel, it's probably salvageable.
I would like to help out by doing the Cerakote again for those who had it done as part of the Group Buy that are getting returns, but I'm afraid it will be at least 2.5 months before I can get to them due to my obligations with the Boy Scouts of America this summer.
I want to publicly thank Dan Lilja and his team again for being stand-up people during this process.
