06-15-2014, 03:55 PM
LRRPF52 Wrote:I believe that to be the intent of the reamer maker: deviate from the standard as much as possible, then offer their "solution", which is a total abortion. Notice how they are bragging about cheating and tricking people into thinking they are sending them the SAAMI reamer, then going on forums and boasting how customers aren't getting what they asked for, then saying their crappy chamber design will out-shoot the SAAMI chamber.
I'll post some groups up of the difference between total abortion chamber, and SAAMI chamber. This "gotcha" chamber is the first time I haven't been able to get factory Hornady 123gr into under 1" at 100yds, with just 3 round groups, from an internationally renowned, top-end barrel maker's pipe at that.
My ER Shaw SAAMI Grendel barrel will do that easily. Heck, it shoots tighter 5rd groups at 200yds than this ill-conceived chamber will shoot 3rd groups from a superb barrel at 100yds.
Here's 5 rounds, 107gr SMK, from a Lilja barrel shot at 100yds. Reamer used: 6.5 Grendel SAAMI from Manson reamers. This is what Lilja barrels are capable of, and why benchrest shooters love them, along with Krieger, Bartlein, Mike Rock.....
This is why when I heard that Lilja would be willing to do a group buy for us, I was interested. The barrels we got are literally the best looking pipes I've ever seen for an AR15. The rifling is smooth and flawless. The barrel extensions are the top of the market, made even better by Lilja with tumble-polishing them to take off the edges.
The gas ports are all cut exactly right, chamfered on the openings, and they are perfectly top dead center with the barrel extension indexing pin. The chambers are smooth, with no visible tooling marks.
Why the reamer maker would send that abortion of a reamer is beyond me, and quite infuriating if you think about it. If you're a rifle builder or barrel maker, be advised that there are entities out there who will go out of their way to stick you in the anus deep and hard, and it's not just with this caliber.
I'm seeing the same story over and over again with .223 Wylde, .308, .338 LM, and 6.8 SPC. Whoever you use for a reamer maker, make them follow the SAAMI diagram or your specs, and give the call-outs with an optical comparator, and have them sign off on it that it is to spec.
interested also in the group buy

![[Image: IMG_8968_zps35fff262.jpg]](http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/IMG_8968_zps35fff262.jpg)