05-25-2014, 10:42 PM
Az - while I do not own this particular hand guard or weapo, like you, I've installed many free floated hand guards, Aluminum on Aluminum or Aluminum on Steel. None required anything but muscle to get them to stay on.
Understand, though, that the union of two materials which are so dissimilar (composites and steel/aluminum) likely requires adhesion to ensure that no separation occurs. Most, if not all, composite hand guards cannot be torqued enough to prevent the cycle of heating expansion and contraction to cause them to eventually loosen. Attempting to torque them that much would likely strip the threads. Personally, I think the adhesives just come with the territory.
Understand, though, that the union of two materials which are so dissimilar (composites and steel/aluminum) likely requires adhesion to ensure that no separation occurs. Most, if not all, composite hand guards cannot be torqued enough to prevent the cycle of heating expansion and contraction to cause them to eventually loosen. Attempting to torque them that much would likely strip the threads. Personally, I think the adhesives just come with the territory.

