Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
the grendel is amazing!!! 1230yards!!!!
#1
Finally done with the build and took It out to distance today. I really had my doubts but I was really impressed by the caliber!!!

MegaMKM
Lilja 319 (19")contour
Surefire brake
Precision Firearms NiB BCG
Geissele SSA-E
Noveske lower
Magpul ACS
SLR sentry clamping gas block
ASC mags
NF 2.5-10x 42mm Mil\mil
ADM recon 20moa

123gr. Lapua scenars
Hornady brass
LVR 31 gr.
CCI #450

2525fps at 77deg.


After checking zero we took it out from 450 yards to 820 yards steel. My wife did most of the shooting since I was the more experienced spotter. She had first or second round hits all the way to 820! When that round hits that steel...the sound echos back loud and clear..almost like a .308...my buddy shooting his 75gr. 556 doesn't even compare.
Dialing wind was the same as my 175smks

[Image: IMG_1502a.jpg]

[Image: side.jpg]

Today was 62deg. at sea level in PA. changing winds but all <8-10mph.

Here is my wife shooting out to 820 with my M40A3
[Image: IMG_1549.jpg]

The ballistics were spot on either G1 or G7 BC out to 800yards,,,,,then I had to try it at 1230yards! First I tried with my M40A3 and danced all over the base of the steel 12x20"(I think)

Dialed in 17.5 mils into the 10x NF on the Grendel and made a splash..adjusted 1mil left for wind and 18.1 mils for elevation and hit!!!! 2x out of 5 shots fired! I've hit it a quite a few times on other days with my M40A3(when I use my 155gr.scenars) but never my 175smks.
Heres the1230 target!
[Image: 1200yd.jpg]

There isn't any evidence of any keyholing...if anything it hit hard...Other spotters literally could hear the DING! after like 3 seconds!
I really can picture myself not shooting a .308 bolt anymore!
I don't know why the elevation was different than my calculated data..maybe the LVR powder was cooler than the 77deg zeroing temp, going subsonic,etc..bad mojo, who knows. but was really skeptical shooting this round till today!

I have to add.................I took off that scope with the ADM mount 3 times the other day to retighten the levers...the zero did not change at all from initial zero..........NONE AT ALL! .4" group today at 100 yards with no noticeable zero shift


the worst part now is my wife wants one too!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
the grendel is amazing!!! 1230yards!!!! - by cst - 05-25-2014, 01:30 AM
the grendel is amazing!!! 1230yards!!!! - by Lead Chucker - 05-25-2014, 02:01 AM
the grendel is amazing!!! 1230yards!!!! - by Whelenon - 05-25-2014, 02:19 AM
the grendel is amazing!!! 1230yards!!!! - by Roguer - 05-25-2014, 03:08 AM
the grendel is amazing!!! 1230yards!!!! - by Klem - 05-25-2014, 04:11 AM
the grendel is amazing!!! 1230yards!!!! - by PigOPs - 05-27-2014, 04:03 PM
the grendel is amazing!!! 1230yards!!!! - by cst - 05-27-2014, 06:48 PM
the grendel is amazing!!! 1230yards!!!! - by PigOPs - 05-27-2014, 08:32 PM
the grendel is amazing!!! 1230yards!!!! - by LRRPF52 - 06-02-2014, 02:30 AM
the grendel is amazing!!! 1230yards!!!! - by cst - 06-03-2014, 01:47 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)