05-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Hunt,
Thanks for all the info reports! My friend/suitemate at college was thinking about getting this or the joebob one that's virtually identical. He's more a red dot guy so the scope clearance shouldn't be an issue for him, but that scratch from the charging motion might be. A question he has is whether with the door held open it would be possible to insert a "backup" standard charging handle? I feel like the special cam pin might prohibit one from working even if it fit, but I figured I'd ask for him.
Thanks for all the info reports! My friend/suitemate at college was thinking about getting this or the joebob one that's virtually identical. He's more a red dot guy so the scope clearance shouldn't be an issue for him, but that scratch from the charging motion might be. A question he has is whether with the door held open it would be possible to insert a "backup" standard charging handle? I feel like the special cam pin might prohibit one from working even if it fit, but I figured I'd ask for him.

