Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I lied. Now it's done.
#7
Tedward Wrote:Can you list your build parts? I just went back and saw your original post "Finally Done" and see what you meant by lied. That is a nice setup and I really like the Mega Rock Solid SBU Uppers, it is worth the added weight in my opinion. Did you have to heat your upper to get the barrel installed? The new Mega's are opened up a tinnnny bit so you don't have to heat the barrel extension area to fit the barrel in like the models I got last year. Those needed heated and tapped in, super tight fit.

Can't wait to see the range report too...

Yeah those uppers are nice. I love being able to charge it and hold the bolt open with very minimal movement. I can charge it with the back of my thumb and catch the extracted round in my open palm while holding the bolt open without breaking position or chasing down a live round.
I had to heat the upper to get the barrel to fit but it wasn't a big deal (i commandeered my wife's hair dryer under threat of dire punishment) I like the tight fit. and I didn't even need to square it.
Parts list:
No name lower..
AA billet side charging upper
Young national match carrier
AA bolt
RRA national match trigger tuned by me.
Lilja 20" barrel
Midwest industries 15" SS Gen 2 hand guard
I really don't know what gas block, I had it laying around so I used it. I bedded it with blue locktite.
Houge grip. Getting replaced soon, feels nice but too small. Another thing I had laying around.
Magpul MOE stock
Vortex viper PST 4-16X50 with Vortex quickview throw lever.
Nightforce 20 MOA Unimount, only weighs 5.5 oz.
AAC flash hider.

Range report real soon. Still working 12 hour days 6 days a week.
Thanks for your comments
Reply


Messages In This Thread
I lied. Now it's done. - by Heywood - 04-07-2014, 04:23 AM
I lied. Now it's done. - by LRRPF52 - 04-07-2014, 04:31 AM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Heywood - 04-07-2014, 02:34 PM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Tedward - 04-07-2014, 02:44 PM
I lied. Now it's done. - by BluntForceTrauma - 04-07-2014, 04:46 PM
I lied. Now it's done. - by SChunter - 04-08-2014, 01:06 AM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Heywood - 04-08-2014, 01:29 AM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Heywood - 04-08-2014, 01:42 AM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Heywood - 04-08-2014, 01:43 AM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Heywood - 04-08-2014, 01:46 AM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Shivesy - 04-12-2014, 02:46 PM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Tedward - 04-12-2014, 03:00 PM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Heywood - 04-15-2014, 03:59 AM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Heywood - 04-15-2014, 04:06 AM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Deer Hunter - 04-18-2014, 10:26 PM
I lied. Now it's done. - by lilharcher - 04-18-2014, 10:51 PM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Heywood - 04-27-2014, 12:43 AM
I lied. Now it's done. - by biodsl - 04-27-2014, 01:31 PM
I lied. Now it's done. - by usmc1371 - 04-27-2014, 10:25 PM
I lied. Now it's done. - by cst - 04-30-2014, 11:57 AM
I lied. Now it's done. - by Heywood - 04-30-2014, 01:52 PM
I lied. Now it's done. - by cst - 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)