Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
14.5" Barrel Info
#2
I bought a J&T 16" barrel CAR flat top upper and it handles and weighs almost the exact same amount as my 16" 5.56 Bushmaster chrome lined barreled flat top upper. I like the balance of the 16" uppers better than the 14.5" barrels that I've handled. I figured if the barrel/flash hider had to be 16" I'd rather have the longer barrel for more muzzle velocity. I can't have an SBR because of where I live so I opted for the 16 inch barrel. I wanted my 6.5 Grendel to match the handling of my 16" duty rifle. I figure I get from 25 to 50 FPS more velocity out of the 16" barrel compared to 14.5. This is not a lot of velocity difference so I think it boils down to personal preference.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
14.5" Barrel Info - by letaz77 - 08-23-2011, 05:52 AM
14.5" Barrel Info - by VASCAR2 - 08-24-2011, 09:57 PM
14.5" Barrel Info - by warped - 08-24-2011, 11:12 PM
14.5" Barrel Info - by letaz77 - 08-25-2011, 04:31 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)