Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
owning a grendel = frustration
#9
hidesert cowboy Wrote:I had no idea the ordeal it would take to own a grendel. I still have yet to even fire mine yet. first it started with even finding a barrel. After waiting a few months the AR stoner barrels came in. I bought one from midway and before I had a chance to gather all my parts we find out about the chamber problems. So I ended up sending it back and buying a shilen barrel. I knew factory ammo was tuff to find at the time. So I figured no problem I would just load my own for it. I haven't added any new stuff I load for in the last couple years so for what I had been loading for I had plenty of powder and bullets. In that time I hadn't paid attention but reloading anything is now insanely hard to find. What I do find is overpriced and expensive I found some 8208 XBR yesterday 28 bucks a pound. The only 6.5 bullets I could find are 120 amax, I didn't know how sucky a bullet this is for the grendel. This bullet has to be seated over a 1/4" deeper in the case to even work. The grendel doesn't have extra compacity to give up. At every turn I run into a problem. just wanted to vent.


Ah but that is the joy of Grendel builds and ownership. That which doesn't kill us makes
us a better more knowledgable man. Troubleshooting grendel issues make you a better more knowledgeable man and more able to solve your AR related issues on your own.
Ammo is able to be found more frequently. Academy as well as other place are having it in stock more often.

Well happy Grendeling.

Tango
Reply


Messages In This Thread
owning a grendel = frustration - by tackdriver - 03-21-2014, 09:09 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by stokesrj - 03-21-2014, 09:38 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Lead Chucker - 03-21-2014, 11:03 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Slappy - 03-21-2014, 11:17 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by maverick5582 - 03-21-2014, 11:31 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Y85 - 03-21-2014, 11:32 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by tango29 - 03-21-2014, 11:45 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by stokesrj - 03-22-2014, 12:25 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by hm2 clark - 03-22-2014, 12:59 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by montana - 03-22-2014, 02:28 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by jluck - 03-22-2014, 02:30 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by LRRPF52 - 03-22-2014, 02:33 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by NugginFutz - 03-22-2014, 02:46 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Joseph5 - 03-22-2014, 07:54 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by 45r - 03-22-2014, 08:57 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by heinz57grendel - 03-22-2014, 01:24 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by jluck - 03-22-2014, 08:26 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by shooter545 - 03-23-2014, 02:16 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by BjornF16 - 03-23-2014, 02:37 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by LRRPF52 - 03-23-2014, 03:15 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Klem - 03-24-2014, 01:25 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Paul45LC - 03-24-2014, 02:17 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by NugginFutz - 03-24-2014, 04:25 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Rambozo - 03-25-2014, 04:41 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Bronz - 03-25-2014, 09:18 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by JDub - 03-25-2014, 01:23 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by pinzgauer - 03-25-2014, 02:14 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Klem - 03-25-2014, 03:09 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by jt1043 - 03-25-2014, 08:54 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by sneaky one - 03-25-2014, 11:42 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Apparition - 03-26-2014, 01:05 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by sneaky one - 03-27-2014, 12:15 AM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Apparition - 03-27-2014, 12:14 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Tedward - 03-27-2014, 01:40 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Apparition - 03-27-2014, 04:17 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by Tedward - 03-27-2014, 06:43 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by joker31 - 04-11-2014, 02:43 PM
owning a grendel = frustration - by mccuistion - 04-16-2014, 03:23 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)