08-24-2011, 01:12 AM
There is a huge number of bullets available for use in the Beowulf! I like the 350g Hornady XTP, this is my go to hunting bullet that is very accurate. The best deal going is the Berry’s 350g, I bought 1000 of them for $200.00. I only use the Berry’s bullets for target practice, but I swear point of impact is the same as the Hornady 350g XTP at a fraction of the cost. The Hornady 300g FTX deserve an honorable mention, I have had good success with them as well like all .50 Hornady bullets. However, my Beowulf’s “sweet spot” is the 350g bullets and really see no need to use anything larger and there is defiantly larger bullets like the 600g Strong Arm for example.
My only complaint after I built the rifle was the lack of brass out there for it, now there even seems to be plenty of that. The straight case makes it simple to reload and the brass seems to last forever. The Beowulf, SOCOM, and 450Bushmaster truly are cartridges that must be reloaded; you just cannot go to Wal-Mart or Gander and buy it. Even when you can find factory ammo I’m not sure how anyone could afford to shoot big bores at over $1.00 a cartridge.
Bottom line, I absolutely love my Beowulf, it is the most fun to shoot and the best hunting rifle I ever owned……………………Roger
My only complaint after I built the rifle was the lack of brass out there for it, now there even seems to be plenty of that. The straight case makes it simple to reload and the brass seems to last forever. The Beowulf, SOCOM, and 450Bushmaster truly are cartridges that must be reloaded; you just cannot go to Wal-Mart or Gander and buy it. Even when you can find factory ammo I’m not sure how anyone could afford to shoot big bores at over $1.00 a cartridge.
Bottom line, I absolutely love my Beowulf, it is the most fun to shoot and the best hunting rifle I ever owned……………………Roger
