08-23-2011, 04:13 PM
DangerClose Wrote:Last I heard the 50 Beo isnt a target catridge. But im sure someone here has worked up a decent load
It's a great bear round, very suitable for Elk and Moose within 200 yards. BUT...I agree, it is useful only for very specific purposes. I will admit that of the rifles I shoot, it is the one that absolutely, positively, brings a grin to everyone who shoots it!
It's accurate, too.
Here's a picture of the first group I shot with 300 grain Hornady FTX's. 5 shots/100 yards. I actually had a tighter group, basically all in one hole, about .75" diameter, but I threw the fifth shot about an inch out. The bottom two touching holes here are the first two after resetting from a 200 yard zero. The other 3 are with my adjustment to set the 100 yard zero.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
